Delaware 87ers to Launch 'Sevens Strong' Community Initiative by Revitalizaing Seven Basketball Courts in Seven Days
EVENTS TO TAKE PLACE IN CONJUNCTION WITH NBADL CARES WEEK, WHICH RUNS NOVEMBER 9 TO 16
ENTIRE SEVENS TEAM TO PARTICIPATE IN REVITALIZATION PROJECT, SIGN AUTGRAPHS FOR KIDS ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15 AT JUDY JOHNSON PLAYGROUND
NEWARK, DE. – NOVEMBER 9, 2013 – The Delaware 87ers will partner with the City of Wilmington and Mayor Dennis P. Williams to celebrate the start of the team’s inaugural season by revitalizing seven basketball courts in seven days, beginning this Saturday, November 9 and continuing through Saturday, November 16.
The entire Sevens team will participate in the revitalization project on Friday, November 15 at 4:00 p.m.
Sevens staff, community volunteers and Wilmington Parks and Recreation will visit seven basketball courts within the city of Wilmington to clean the basketball courts and the areas surrounding them, repaint backboards and replace the basketball nets. All revitalized playground backboards will feature a Delaware 87ers logo.
The revitalization project marks the official launch of SEVENS STRONG - team’s wide-ranging community outreach program that is consistent with that of the Philadelphia 76ers mission - which will exclusively focus toward improving the life trajectory of children throughout the state of Delaware. Each platform, along with key initiatives and programming, will be introduced in full at a later date.
The dates, times and locations for all seven projects are detailed below:
Saturday, November 9: Basketball Court Cleanup, Free food, Inflatables, and Giveaways
- Approximately 9:30am, Adams Courts (3rd & Adams, Wilmington, DE 19801)
- The cleanup will take place from 9:30am- 11am. Free food, inflatables and giveaways will be available at 11am
Monday, November 11: Basketball Court Cleanup, Closed Autograph Session - Approximately 9:30am, Clarence Fraim Boys & Girls Club (669 S. Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19801) \- The Cleanup will take place from 9:30am-11am. The Closed Autograph Session for BG Club Youth will take place at 11:30am.
Tuesday, November 12: Basketball Court Cleanup
- Approximately 9:30am, Kosciuko Park (601 S Franklin St. Wilmington, DE 19801)
Wednesday, November 13: Basketball Court Cleanup
- Approximately 9:30am, Helen Chambers Park (8th & Madison, Wilmington, DE 19801)
Thursday, November 14: Basketball Court Cleanup
- Approximately 9:30am, Tatnal Park (West 24th & Tatnal, Wilmington, DE 19801)
Friday, November 15: Basketball Court Cleanup
- Approximately 9:30am, Judy Johnson (3rd & Clayton, Wilmington DE 19801)
Saturday, November 16: Basketball Court Cleanup
- Approximately 9:30am, Woodlawn Park (4th & Woodlawn, Wilmington DE 19801)