Top 5 Charge Wins of 2013-14 Season
5) November 23, 2013: Canton Charge 117 Delaware 87ers 106 Finishing with one of the top home records in the NBA D-League, the Canton Charge defeated their Eastern Division foe, the Delaware 87ers, 117-106 in the home opener. The victory marked the first home opening win in franchise history. Seven Charge players finished in double figures, lead by Bo Spencer off the bench. Spencer finished with 23 points, five rebounds and three assists. The Canton Memorial Civic Center would be one of the hardest venues to play in the D-League, as the Charge finished the regular season with a 17-8 home record and a 21-11 record in the Eastern Division overall.
4) January 22, 2014: Canton Charge 120 Fort Wayne Mad Ants 99
Coming into the contest with a 0-2 record against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on the season, the Canton Charge shot lights-out, finishing 61% from the field, a franchise record. The 120-99 victory on Faith and Family Night at the Canton Memorial Civic Center propelled the Charge to sole possession of first place in the Eastern Division. Floor General, Jorge Gutierrez notched a near triple-double, finishing with 14 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
3) March 26, 2014: Canton Charge 117 Maine Red Claws 108 Entering the home finale with a 3-5 record in the month of March, the Canton Charge were in need of a win to remain in the NBA D-League playoff picture. The starting line-up of Gilbert Brown, Shane Edwards, Kyrylo Fesenko, Antoine Aguido and Will Cherry did not disappoint, accounting for 109 of the teamís 117 points, all scoring 20+ points. It was the first time in franchise history that five Canton players finish with 20+ points. The victory would set-up for a show-down at Wells Fargo Center against the Iowa Energy.
2) March 29, 2014: Canton Charge 108 Iowa Energy 101 On the brink of post-season contention, the Canton Charge went into Des Moines and defeated the Iowa Energy 108-101. Shane Edwards finished with a game-high 23 points and big-man Kyrylo Fesenko added a double-double. After losing several players to NBA call-ups and All-Star forward Kevin Jones to an overseas contract, the victory catapulted the Charge to their third playoff appearance in only three years of existence.
1) January 31, 2014: Canton Charge 101 Fort Wayne Mad Ants 100 In front of a sellout crowd of 3,942 fans at the Canton Memorial Civic Center, the Canton Charge defeated their divisional rival, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 101-100, on Cleveland Cavaliers Night. Jorge Gutierrez finished with a career-high 32 points on 9-of-17 shooting, nine assists, four rebounds and two steals. The back-and-forth contest was decided on the final possession, as Fort Wayne attempted to inbound the ball under their own basket for the game-winning shot with 0.3 left. Cantonís Gilbert Brown was there to save the night, deflecting the pass and ending the game allowing the Charge to come out victorious.
For 2014-15 season tickets, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com. Fans can sign-up to be a Charge Insider for breaking news and exclusive offers at www.CantonCharge.com/insider.