Charge Fan Section Rules
(1) No purchase necessary. Promoter/Sponsor of this contest is Cavaliers D-League, LLC, the Canton Charge, with an address of 1101 Market Avenue, Canton, OH, 44702.
(2) Contest open to legal residents of Ohio that are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate families of employees (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of the Canton Charge, the National Basketball Association Development League (“NBA-DL”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, members, employees and agents (Collectively, the “released parties”) are not able to enter or win.
(3) To enter, submit a response to the Canton Charge via video to the following question: "How will you make the Charge Fan Zone section in the Canton Memorial Civic Center the loudest section in the NBA D-League?" Entrants can submit a video audition online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by having a video audition recorded for them by a Canton Charge representative during the live auditions. Video auditions submitted online will be accepted beginning Thursday, October 25, 2012 and the deadline to submit a video audition online is Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM. On-site auditions will occur on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at Canton Memorial Civic Center (1101 Market Avenue, Canton, OH 44702) from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM. Video auditions must not exceed sixty seconds (:60) in length and participation is free. The submitted video auditions shall not include any other people other than the entrant(s). Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the audition. Limit one video audition submission per person. Additional video auditions received thereafter from the same entrant will be void.
(4) As part of the video audition submission process you may be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the Canton Charge. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for participation in the contest.
(5) Contest begins on Thursday, October 25, 2012 and all video auditions must be received by 5:00 PM on Monday, November 12, 2012.
(6) In lieu of submitting a video, participants can choose to participate in a live audition in front of the Canton Charge front office. Live auditions shall not include any other people other than the entrant(s). The contest ends at 5:00PM on November 12, 2012. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the audition.
(7) 20 Grand Prize winners will be selected by the Canton Charge based on the entrant’s creativity, energy, enthusiasm, love for basketball, and love for the Canton Charge expressed in how the entrant responds to the question noted in #3 above.
(8) The Grand Prize winners will each receive one (1) ticket in Charge Fan Zone (Section 7 or 11 of Canton Memorial Civic Center) to each of the (24) Canton Charge home games during the 2012-13 NBA D-League season ($200 value). Fans will also receive a Charge T-shirt and a bio section on the Charge website. Total retail value of each Grand Prize is $220; total retail value of all Grand Prizes combined is $4,400 (20 winners).
(9) The winning prizes are non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
(10) The Grand Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the contest, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the Canton Charges’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(11) A list of winners (first name, last initial and city of residence) can be obtained by writing “Canton Charge Fan Zone”, 1101 Market Avenue, Canton, OH 44702.
(12) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow the Charge Fan Zone Contest Official Rules and forever releases, discharges, and waives any and all claims, liabilities and actions of any kind, howsoever caused or arising and whether by negligence, any intentional act or otherwise, that entrant may have or that may arise against any of the released parties with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizing) awarded in the contest. By entering, each entrant further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their insurers against any and all damages, costs, judgments, and/or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and/or other legal fees) they may incur as a result of claims made against them in connection with either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizing) awarded in the contest.
(13) It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Charge if his or her contact information and/or e-mail address changes. To do so, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the new contact information. Neither the Canton Charge, or any of the released parties, are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Canton Charge and will not be returned.
(14) All decisions of the Canton Charge in connection with all aspects of this contest are final.
(15) Except where prohibited by law, in consideration for being permitted to participate in this contest and the opportunity to win the prizes offered in this contest, each entrant hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, photograph, performance, submitted video audition, personal statements and/or biographical information in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Canton Charge or any of the released parties.
(16) The submitted video auditions and any live auditions must not disparage any person or community and must be in good taste and Charge may use its sole discretion to disqualify video and/or any live auditions that do not comply. Further, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her submitted video audition and/or any live audition will not violate or infringe upon any rights (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights) of, or give rise to any claim by, any third party. Each entrant further represents and warrants that his/her submitted video audition and/or any live audition is his/her original work and each entrant assigns all right, title, interest and intellectual property (including but not limited to copyright) in his/her submitted video audition and/or any live audition to the Canton Charge.
(17) The Canton Charge may require entrants to complete a written publicity and liability release as well as a written assignment of intellectual property in addition to the terms and conditions contained in these Canton Charge Fan Zone Contest Official Rules. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
(18) The Canton Charge reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion and/or change dates or prizes (to a prize of equal or greater value) relating to the promotion in case of schedule changes, acts of God, force majeure events, computer viruses, bugs, corruption or unfairness of the security or administration of the promotion, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Canton Charge.
(19) Any disputes in connection with this contest will be resolved by the Canton Charge, whose judgment shall be final.
(20) Void where prohibited.
1. No purchase necessary.