Canton Charge Insider Contest Rules
1. Promotion begins November 13, 2012 and ends November 19, 2012. You may enter the contest by dropping off or mailing a letter that includes a sheet of paper that clearly lists your name, street address, city, state, zip code and phone number. Envelope should be addressed to: Canton Charge INSIDER Contest, c/o The Canton Charge, 1101 Market Ave., N. Canton, OH 44702. Or, you may enter by signing up to be a Charge Insider at cantoncharge.com/insider. You may enter only one time. Forms mailed or delivered to the Canton Charge will have the same chance of winning as those entered online. The Canton Charge are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, illegible, misdirected or postage-due mail forms. Forms must be mailed to The Canton Charge and postmarked by November 19, 2012. The Grand Prize winner will be drawn November 21, 2012 and will be notified by phone or email. Five (5) runner-up winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 21, 2012 and will be notified by phone or email.
2. If any potential winner fails to redeem their prize by the date designated for their winning game, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and that prize will not be awarded. The winner for the Grand Prize will be chosen November 21, 2012. One (1) Grand Prize winner and five guests will receive Court Box tickets to the Canton Memorial Civic Center for the Canton Charge Home Opener game on November 23rd. They will attend the 2012-13 Home Opener, the Canton Charge vs. Maine Red Claws, on Friday, November 23, 2012, in court-box seats that include access to the Budweiser VIP lounge with provided food and beverage. The approximate retail value of the total prize package is $500.00. Five (5) runner-up winners will be chosen on or about November 21, 2012. Runner-up winners will each receive two (2) tickets to a mutually agreeable Canton Charge home game during the month of December, 2012. The approximate retail value of this prize is $40.00.
3. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
4. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside Ohio, and where prohibited. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Canton Charge and Sponsors are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
5. The odds of winning are contingent upon the number of entries received. Prize not transferable. No substitutions for prize except by the Sponsors in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. No duplicate major prize winners.
6. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winnersí names and likenesses for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and liability/publicity release; and (iii) winner and (guests) may be required to execute releases of Sponsors from any and all liability with respect to participation in the sweepstakes and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded to his or her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and must accompany winner.
8. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Canton Charge, attn: Marketing Department, Canton Charge VIP Contest, 1101 Market Ave., N., Canton, OH 44702, after November 28, 2012 but before March 1, 2013. The Sponsors of this sweepstakes are: GateHouse Ohio (The Repository, The Times-Reporter, The Independent, The Suburbanite and the Jackson Suburbanite), 500 Market Ave., S., Canton, OH 44702-2193, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Canton Charge.
9. Open to legal residents of Ohio. Employees of The Sponsors are not eligible to win.