College - Long Island University
Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Anthony is in his ninth season as Knicks assistant athletic trainer, 18th overall season with the Knicks...Assists in all areas of medical therapy/treatment, including individual work with players and physical therapy assignments...Responsible for maintaining medical room setups at the Garden, MSG Training Center and on the road...Helps coordinate individual players’ off-season rehab and injury-prevention programs...Has served as trainer for Knicks’ Summer League squad in Las Vegas since 2005.
• Originally joined Knicks in 1995-96 as training staff intern, then served as trainers room attendant prior to promotion to fulltime position in 2004...Named to current post for 2004-05 season.
• NBA training career has spanned the globe...In summer 2012, served as athletic trainer for NBA’s Basketball Without Borders trip to Moscow (served in similar capacity for NBA’s BWB Brazilian trip to Sao Paulo in 2007)...In summer 2009, accompanied a contingent of NBA players and coaches on League-sponsored goodwill tour of China...In summers of 2008 and 2010, served as trainer for the U.S. Olympic Select Team in Las Vegas; worked with Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler at 2012 U.S. pre-Olympic training camp , also in Las Vegas...Worked at the 2007 NBA Pre-Draft Camp at Orlando.
• Certified athletic trainer, physical therapist and performance enhancement specialist...Completed undergraduate work at Purchase College (bachelor’s degree, biology, 1997) and graduate work at Long Island University (bachelor’s degree, health science; master’s degree, physical therapy, 2000)...Became certified athletic trainer in 2002...In addition to Knicks duties, had also worked as a therapist at the Columbia-Presbyterian Center for Sports Therapy.
• Big Apple native now lives in White Plains with his wife Carolina and their two sons: Aidan (4; born on Jun. 7, 2008 at 9 p.m.; resulting in 6/7/8/9 symmetry) and Daniel (2)....Fluent in Spanish...Last name is pronounced go-e-NA-ga.