FRIDAY FIVE: TOP REGULAR SEASON PLAYS
Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Jamal Crawford on the same team make highlight plays seemingly a nightly occurrence. Plays that would run in rapid succession on other team’s video boards are met with almost a “been there, done that” attitude amongst the Clippers simply because the amazing highlights happen so regularly. Still, there are some that stand out above the rest. With the conclusion of the regular season it was a good time to whittle down all of those plays into the best five from Oct. 29 to now.
5. Feb. 24, 2014 at Pelicans. Jamal Crawford’s 40th 4-point play in the regular season, extending his NBA record:
4. Dec. 22, 2013 vs. Timberwolves. Chris Paul steals, Crawford finishes off rally:
3. Jan. 15, 2014 vs. Mavericks. J.J. Redick buries 3-pointer in final minute to aid 17-point comeback in the fourth quarter:
2. Apr. 9, 2014 vs. Thunder. DeAndre Jordan dunks over Serge Ibaka, the NBA’s second leading shot blocker:
1. Jan. 8, 2014 vs. Celtics. Blake Griffin goes Mozgov on Boston’s Kris Humphries: