Corey Maggette Chat Transcript

There are work ethics, and then there is Corey Maggette's work ethic.

The Clippers swingman is having a career season this year, which is nothing new to Clippers fans. Maggette has increased his scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and minutes in each of his first five seasons in the NBA.

He's also managed to increase his free throw accuracy from 75.1% as a rookie to this seasons's 84.6% charity stripe success rate. Nicknamed "Maximus" by teammates, Corey's aggressiveness and desire to improve has truly built him into a gladiator of the hardwood.

Maggette answered questions about his training regime and what lies ahead for the Clippers during a live chat with fans on Thursday. See the full chat transcript below.

Sam (Toronto): Over the last year, the team have a number of key players leaving the team. How do you feel about the current makeup of the team with you playing more of an active role than before? Do you feel the team is better than before and if its moving in the right direction?

Corey Maggette: Yeah. I think we are moving in the right direction. I think with Elton, Q and myself we have three guys who can move us into playoff contention.

Eelke, Rotterdam: Hey, growing up, what NBA team did you support?

Corey Maggette: Growing up my team was the Bulls, being a Chicago native. I loved going to the old arena there, as well as the new one.

Karen (Diamond Bar): Hi Corey: you're my favorite player! During the offseason, how many hours a day do you work out to keep your awesome physique? KAREN

Corey Maggette: (Laughing) About four or five hours a day Monday through Friday. I start around 10 am and go to around 3 pm.

Carlos(Whittier): Where do think the Clippers need to improve the most so that you can win those close games that the team has been in so many times this year.

Corey Maggette: I think we need to be more patient. We need to take care of the ball more too. We just need to stop making mistakes in clutch situations, because that's what can cost you at the end of close games.

Tommy Yu (North Chicago, IL): How do you compare your former coach Alvin Gentry and Mike Dunleavy?

Corey Maggette: I think both are good coaches. Mike Dunleavy who played in the league and brought the Lakers and Blazers to the playoffs. He has that experience. Gentry is a good coach too. He can help young players improve and get better.

Del (Los Angeles): Other than basketball, what are your favorite sports to watch or participate in?

Corey Maggette: Football. Definitely. Baseball. I like to play pool and bowling. When I was a kid I ran track.

Jameer, Long Beach: I got a tough one for you. Since it sounds like you practically live in the gym, which would you choose: miss a month of workouts and one date with Beyonce or keep your regimine intact but no date with Beyonce? Keep taking it strong to the hole!!!

Corey Maggette: (Laughing) Oh man, that's tough. (Laughing) Even though I'd love to date Beyonce, I need to take care of my job right now. Maybe sometime down the line, I can make the other choice. (Laughing)

Rachael (Papua New Guinea): Hi Corey, Do you have any pre-game rituals? What do you do for fun?

Corey Maggette: Mostly pregame, I eat baked chicken and noodles and get three hours of sleep. The I go to the arena, watch tape, then I get taped and that's about it.

La Jolla: Do you hang out with Elton, Q, and the rest of the clippers on your spare time? - Danny

Corey Maggette: Definitely. Elton is one of my best friends. We get together in the offseason too, take vacations and hang out.

Bran Gedeus ( Albany Ga): Whats up man? My question is did Chris Wilcox tease you after Maryland beat Duke this year in the Acc tournament?

Corey Maggette: (Laughing) Oh yeah. Every year we have a bet and this year I owe him $100. I do have to remind him though, that when I was on Duke we never lost to Maryland.

Zeek (Nanaimo,BC): Hi Corey! Who do you think will win this years March Madness Tournament??(besides Duke)

Corey Maggette: I think Kentucky is a definite team to look at. UConn and also Pitt has a good chance. Duke will have some tough games, Arizona and Cincy. Duke and Cincy are becoming a rivalry now, it would be a great game.

Glo: yo sup.. what is your favorite movie???

Corey Maggette: Coming to America. Eddie Murphy.

derek (nitro): Who was youre favorite player growing up and why?

Corey Maggette: Michael Jordan, being from Chicago. Also Grant Hill. I'm also a big fan of Micheal Finley, he's from the same area as me in Chicago and his family and mine go to the same Church. It's great to have someone from your neighborhood succeed.

Derek, Toronto: Hey Cory...if you werent able to get into the NBA or have basketball as your career, what would you be doing otherwise??

Corey Maggette: I've been interested in architecture management and design. I'm also looking at business management as something to do after my basketball career is over.

Fabian (Feldkirch/AUSTRIA): Holla back, Corey! I just wanted to ask you: You were on the college together with elton brand and now you play on the same team in the NBA. What's the biggest difference between your time on the college with elton brand and now??? I'm looking forward to see you as a starter at the 2005 NBA All-Star game in Denver! Fabian

Corey Maggette: I think the big difference now is that at Duke I used to sleep on the couch in his apartment. Now, we both have our own house. It's really great to have someone you are close to playing with you in the NBA. It's good to have someone to talk too about things.

Zachary Adams (Santa Ana, CA): How do you feel about your teammates this year, and about rookie center Chris Kaman?

Corey Maggette: I think that Chris Kaman is a good player who is growing each day. He has great basketball sense and he's only going to get better.

Toques DeMota ( ClippTown Los Angeles ): Maxximuss what standout player you think the Clippers need to bring in to push your team to the Next Level, and is whos the funniest Clipper

Corey Maggette: The funniest Clipper on the team is Keyon Dooling. Another veteran point guard and a veteran big man would be good. Chris Kaman is doing well, but to have a veteran presence to complement him would be great, as well as a seasoned point guard.

Del (Los Angeles): Aside from Duke, what other colleges recuited you and did you seriously consider attending?

Corey Maggette: I was considering Stanford. Illinois. Georgetown.

New Zealand: Corey what is your favorite moment in your career so far?

Corey Maggette: I think just being able to play in the NBA. I'm blessed to be able to play in this league and do something I love every day.

Corey Maggette: I'd like to thank the fans for joining this chat and for all your emails. If you ever want to talk to me again, just holla at NBA.com. Thanks again for all your support.