Pierce Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2010 – The Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce and the San Antonio Spurs’ Tony Parker today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Dec. 13, through Sunday, Dec. 19.
Pierce recorded a triple-double and two double-doubles on the week, averaging 21.7 points, 8.7 assists, 8.3 rebounds and 2.3 steals, as the Celtics’ went 3-0 to extend their winning streak to 13 games. On Dec. 15, Pierce scored 32 points and hit the game-winning shot against New York with 0.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.
Parker averaged 25.7 points on .564 shooting to go along with 8.7 assists. He was third in the conference in scoring and fourth in assists. On Dec. 18, Parker scored a season-high 37 points on .714 shooting versus Memphis. It was the most points scored by a Spur this season. He has scored 20 or more points in 11 games this year, helping the Spurs to the best record in the NBA at 23-3.
Here is a recap of the week for Pierce and Parker:
Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
- Dec. 15 @ New York: Posted 32 points, 10 rebounds and four assists in a 118-116 win over the Knicks.
- Dec. 16 vs. Atlanta: Scored 15 points to go along with 10 assists and five rebounds in a 102-90 win over the Hawks.
- Dec. 19 vs. Indiana: Recorded 18 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds and four steals in a 99-88 win over the Pacers.
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
- Dec. 15 vs. Milwaukee: Tallied 16 points, eight assists and three rebounds in a 92-90 win over the Bucks.
- Dec. 16 @ Denver: Recorded 24 points, nine assists and two rebounds in a 113-112 win over the Broncos.
- Dec. 18 vs. Memphis: Poured in 37 points and added nine assists in a 112-106 victory over the Grizzlies.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince, Los Angeles Clippers’ Blake Griffin, Miami’s LeBron James, Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant, Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge and San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili.