Five C's Appear in Top 15 of NBA Jersey Sales
BOSTON (April 14, 2011) – The NBA announced the top selling player jerseys for the 2010-11 season and five Celtics players rank among the top 15 for the first time in NBA history. Additionally, the team finished with the second most popular franchise merchandise in the league.
Celtics All-star point guard Rajon Rondo had the third most popular jersey in the NBA, leading the team.
Aside from Rondo, Celtics players Shaquille O’Neal (No. 12), Ray Allen (No. 13), Paul Pierce (No. 14), and Kevin Garnett (No. 15) –appear in the top 15, marking the first time five players from the same team have earned a place on the list.
This year marks the fifth season that adidas has served as the official on court uniform and apparel provider of the NBA.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
- 1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
- 2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- 3. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
- 4. Amar’e Stoudemire, New York Knicks
- 5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- 6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- 7. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- 8. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
- 9. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
- 10. John Wall, Washington Wizards
- 11. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
- 12. Shaquille O’Neal, Boston Celtics
- 13. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics
- 14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
- 15. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
- 1. Los Angeles Lakers
- 2. Boston Celtics
- 3. Miami Heat
- 4. New York Knicks
- 5. Chicago Bulls
- 6. Oklahoma City Thunder
- 7. Orlando Magic
- 8. San Antonio Spurs
- 9. Denver Nuggets
- 10. Phoenix Suns
The NBA’s top-selling jerseys list is based on sales on NBAStore.com since the start of the 2010-11 NBA season.