Banner Moments Official Rules
1. Eligibility: The "Banner Moments 2011-2012" contest is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older who reside within 75 miles of Boston, MA. Not open to employees or immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children) of employees of the Boston Celtics, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, owners, employees and agents (hereinafter "NBA Entities"). Void where prohibited, or otherwise restricted, by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The entry must be the original work of the submitter, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. By entering "Banner Moments 2011-2012," contestants affirm that they are in compliance with the rules and meet all of the eligibility requirements of the contest. Contest void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Participate: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants will submit their favorite Celtics memories via a page on www.celtics.com. Submissions may contain text, photo, and/or video, in formats deemed acceptable by the Celtics. Entries may also be submitted via U.S. mail to Banner Moments, c/o Boston Celtics, 226 Causeway St. 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, or in-arena at guest relations on level 4 during Celtics home games. The participant must have all rights to his or her entry. Any photos, videos, etc. that are submitted will not be returned. Entries must be received between 2/28/12 and 3/30/12. No entries will be accepted after 3/30/12. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. The Sponsors will not be responsible for lost, misdirected, late, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entry forms. Incomplete entries will be void. Any entry containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will not be eligible for selection as a winner.
3. Prize Winner Selection: ODDS OF WINNING ARE DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. Five (5) winners will be selected by the Celtics, each to be the entry that “best” (as determined by the Celtics in their sole discretion) represents one of the following categories: “Celtics Legends,” “Rivalries,” “Family,” “Tradition,” and “Season Ticket Holders.” There will be only one winner selected for each category. For the purposes of clarity, the winning entrant in the “Season Ticket Holders” category need not be a Season Ticket Holder. Winners will be selected on or about April 1, 2012.
4. Prizes: The prize winners will be notified by phone or e-mail, though not necessarily on the date of the selection. In the event a winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize, another winner will be selected. Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release prior to participation in prize. There will be Five (5) Prizes:
Category: “Celtics Legends”: Lunch with a Celtics Legend. Winner and three (3) guests will meet a Celtics Legend at the Celtics Sales Office, for lunch which will be provided by the Celtics. Specific Legend to be determined by the Celtics in their sole discretion (ARV $250);
Category: “Rivalries”: Winner will receive two (2) lower level tickets for the Celtics home game vs. the Miami Heat on April 24 (ARV $500);
Category: “Family”: Winner will receive a Family 4 Pack for the Celtics home game vs. the Milwaukee Bucks game on April 26, including four (4) lower level tickets, two (2) $20 Garden Gold cards, and four (4) gift packs (ARV $480); and
Category: “Tradition”: Winner will receive a tour of the Celtics Front Office and two (2) tickets for a home game at the TD Garden. Date of visit and game to be determined by the Celtics, subject at all times to availability (ARV: $300); and
Category: “Season Ticket Holders”: Winner will receive his/her photograph with a current Celtics player and an autograph from that player (ARV $150). Specific player to be determined by the Celtics in their sole discretion.
5. Assignment of Rights: Regardless of an entrant's eligibility to win a prize, all entrants agree that the NBA Entities and their designees may use their "Banner Moments 2011-2012" entry, entrant's name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission or notification. Entrants further grant the NBA Entities a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotion. The NBA Entities will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with any use of any portion of any entry. By entering, entrants warrant that they have the rights to use (and assign to the NBA Entities the above rights to use) any materials submitted as part of their entry or entries, agree to grant and agree to hold Sponsors harmless for any liability, loss, injury, or damage to property or to person, including claims of infringement, misappropriation, or other misuse or alleged misuse of the intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of publicity of a third party by the NBA Entities, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to any use by Sponsors or their designees of any portion of a particular entry, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of the NBA Entities. By entering, entrants also acknowledge that the Celtics may edit entrants' submissions in any way the Celtics deem fit on an as needed basis.
6. Miscellaneous: Winners are responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified as covered as part of prize herein. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of prize (or portion of prize) is permitted except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability and then for a prize (or applicable portion of prize) of equal or greater value as determined by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that Sponsor maintains the right to decide all matters and disputes arising from "Banner Moments 2011-2012," and that Sponsor's determination of the winners will be final and binding. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor due to prize availability and then with a prize of equal or greater value. By accepting prizes, winners agree that the NBA Entities will have no liability and will be held harmless by winners for any liability, loss, injury, or damage to property or to person, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, participation in, use or misuse of the prizes or participation in "Banner Moments 2011-2012," even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of any of the NBA Entities. In consideration for being awarded prizes, winners hereby agree and consent, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of their names and/or likenesses in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the NBA Entities, except where prohibited.
7. Additional terms: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate "Banner Moments 2011-2012" (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of "Banner Moments 2011-2012" and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, select winner for the drawing at issue from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination or suspension. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, forged, mass-reproduced or mass-transmitted, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible mail or entries and such entries are void; telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, errors or failures in transmission or reception and/or any condition caused by events which may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted.
8. E-mail Change of Address Policy: It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Celtics if his or her e-mail address or phone number changes.
9. Disputes/Choice of Law: All decisions of the Sponsor with regard to "Banner Moments" are final. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by Massachusetts law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to "Banner Moments 2011-2012" or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state courts situated in Massachusetts, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. Identification of Winners: For a complete list of winners, or for a copy of the "Banner Moments 2011-2012" Rules, send a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 5/14/12 to: "Banner Moments" c/o Boston Celtics, 226 Causeway Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02114.
12. Sponsor: Banner Seventeen, LLC, d/b/a Boston Celtics ("Celtics").