Department: Internet Operations
Supervisor: Director of Interactive Media
Principal Function: Assist Internet Operations department with the maintenance and content development for Celtics.com and other various team social media channels during all Celtics games.
Professional website publishing experience is required; candidates should have background in HTML publishing for websites, blogs and broadcast email campaigns. Experience with the use and management of social media distribution services (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc) is also required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, writing and editing website content for publication to Celtics fans, ensuring that such content is accurate, on-brand and consistent with team's public relations and basketball information
- Format content into clean, standards-compliant HTML for website publishing on NBA's content management system
- Select and edit photos with Photoshop, optimizing for online use
- Moderating the game-night chat activities on Celtics.com
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as determined by team's game, practice and event schedule
- Understanding of sports media, journalism and public relations and strong interest in NBA basketball
- New Media, Mass Communications, Journalism or English majors preferred
- Professional manner, independently motivated, attention to detail, positive team-player attitude and willingness to learn
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We respectfully request no phone calls.