After trailing by as many as 14 points, the Celtics put together a quick 10-run early in the fourth quarter, erasing an 82-74 Nets lead and setting up some late game dramatics from Eddie House, who hit a floater at the top of the key and then drew a charge to help the Celtics pull out the win.
Stat Line of the Game
Rajon Rondo nearly averaged a triple-double in last year's postseason, and he came up just short of a preseason triple-double tonight in New Jersey, posting 18 points, nine rebounds and 13 assists. The only downside? He missed eight free throws in 14 attempts from the line.
Box Score Nuggets
- Before leaving the game with an apparent minor ankle injury, Rasheed Wallace dropped 20 points in just over 25 minutes, and also added nine rebounds.
- Second-year man J.R. Giddens made the most of his extended run Tuesday night, grabbing 13 rebounds and hustling all over the court.
- The Celtics missed 12 of their 26 free throws.
- New Jersey's Brook Lopez continues to impress in the preseason, scoring 17 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and getting to the line regularly.
- Devin Harris, who sat out Sunday's tilt at the TD Garden, played sparingly and scored 9 points but added four rebounds and four assists.
Quote of the Night
Doc Rivers on J.R. Giddens: "I thought J.R. was unbelievable with his energy. He didn't score a lot but, defensively, and rebounds, and he just kept a lot of things alive. That's his role on this team. He's not going to be a scorer. But he can be a defender. And if wants to buy into that role there can be minutes for him."
- Compiled by Peter Stringer