Time is running out to apply for the full time position of Boston Celtics team mascot...Lucky the Leprechaun. The deadline to submit reels and resumes is Monday, August 17th. Lucky has entertained fans from the youngest of children to the lifelong Celtics fan. Lucky has cheered with the fans of Boston with crowd-pleasing antics and high-energy dunk shows. Not only are Lucky's skills on display in the Garden, but also as a major contributor to the Boston community, appearing in hundreds of special appearances throughout the region.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Game Presentation to brainstorm, develop, and execute game presentation ideas, costuming, themes and overall participation in all pregame and in-game elements related to, but not exclusive to, Lucky the Leprechaun.
- Promote and execute Lucky appearances in the community.
- Develop and execute any nutritional / personal training / gymnastics / dunking training
- Work with Game Presentation Department to provide new content ideas for Lucky in-arena and on Celtics.com
- Purchase and manage upkeep on all uniforms/costumes and props used by Lucky
- Attend all internal team meetings, as required
- Undertake such other duties in connection with the Mascot as Team may reasonably request
Required Skills & Abilities:
- At least five years of experience as a mascot or live entertainer
- Working knowledge of cheerleading and tumbling techniques
- Highly organized with excellent administrative and time management skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and supporting the Team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
This is a full-time position. Mascot must be available for all home games during the regular season, as well as pre-season and playoff games and out-of-arena appearances throughout the year.
Reliable transportation to and from all home games and appearances is required.
All interested candidates must submit a demo reel of their dunking/gymnastics experience, along with a resume using one of the options below:
Mail a DVD to:
Sean Sullivan - Director of Game Presentation
226 Causeway St. 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
E-mail a movie file or web address, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Sean Sullivan, Director of Game Presentation, via e-mail at email@example.com with any questions.