Employment Opportunities - Internet Operations Coordinator
Department: Internet Operations
Supervisor: Internet Operations Manager
The Internet Operations Coordinator will assist in publishing Celtics.com in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Celtics.com is the official website of the Boston Celtics and is continuously updated with the latest news, features, videos, scores, results and information about the team.
The Coordinator will manage daily website publishing tasks and develop regular content for the website. Professional website publishing experience is required; candidate should have background in XHTML publishing for websites, blogs and broadcast e-mail campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Format content into clean, standards-compliant XHTML for website publishing on NBA's content management system.
- Posting articles and press releases in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Select and edit photos with Photoshop, optimizing for online use.
- Convert audio/video clips for online delivery in Flash.
- Use Flash to deliver XML-based data, including basketball statistics and scheduling information.
- Search Internet for Celtics and NBA related links and information.
- Proofread articles for content and grammar.
- Track, analyze and present website metrics.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree. New Media, Mass Communications, Journalism or English majors preferred.
Experience with server-side programming technologies (XSLT, ASP/ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, etc.).
Understanding of, and experience with, Web Standards concepts and best practices.
Videography/video production skills a plus.
Professional manner, independently motivated, positive team-player attitude and willingness to learn.
Understanding of sports media, journalism and public relations and strong interest in NBA basketball.
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as determined by team's game, event and practice schedule.
Please forward resumes to the Boston Celtics' Human Resources Department at email@example.com.