The Official Mobile App of the Boston Celtics
Celtics fans will now be able to follow their team wherever and whenever they want with the new Boston Celtics mobile app. The app, produced by Watertown, MA developer Adept mobile is available for download for both the iPhone and Android platforms.
The Boston Celtics mobile app features free live streaming audio of 98.5 The Sports Hub’s radio broadcast as well as an innovative #CelticsTalk twitter function that gives fans in TD Garden the chance to join the conversation in the arena. By tweeting from the app, fans will have a chance to see their tweets displayed on the 360 LED balcony ring in real time, taking in-arena fan engagement to the next level.
“The new Celtics Mobile app gives Celtics fans a whole new way to interact with us whenever they want and wherever they are,” said Celtics President Rich Gotham. “In the age of digital and social media, fans expect content instantaneously. Our app functions as a Celtics fan’s ‘second screen,’ a digital companion designed to enhance the total Celtics experience and bring them closer to the team than ever before.”
Fans can use the app to purchase tickets and merchandise, follow the action on game night with free, live streaming audio from 98.5 The Sports Hub’s radio broadcast, or get exclusive access to live video chats and events that they can’t get anywhere else. Other features of the new Boston Celtics mobile app include:
- “GameTime Live Mobile”, featuring real-time play-by-play, stats, blog and Twitter content.
- Live streaming video access to special events and content
- Exclusive video including postgame locker room coverage, the Celtics Minute and more
- Special “push notification” ticket offers for fans in the immediate radius of TD Garden on game night
- Breaking news, game night photo galleries, and profiles of your favorite Celtics players, coaches and legends
“The future of fan interaction is on the mobile device, and we are always looking to push the envelope in the digital space,” said Celtics Chief Marketing Officer Shawn Sullivan. “This app will give Celtics fans more opportunities to interact with the team, as well as give them inside access to the team they love.”