October 23, 2014 | Honor a Sports Coach with a National Award
The Positive Coaching Alliance is offering the opportunity to nominate your coaches for PCA's Double-Goal Coach Award.
The nomination itself is a great honor for the coaches you see exemplifying the Double-Goal Coach ideal of pursuing both wins and the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports.
Each year PCA selects and publicizes 75 finalists. The 25 winners of this prestigious national award receive $250, a trophy, recognition in PCA's website, newsletters and media campaigns and the chance to accept the honor in California during PCA's National Youth Sports Awards Dinner and Auction Presented by Deloitte.
Schools and organizations that the award-winning coaches serve will receive national publicity. It also provides you the opportunity to hold the coach up as a great example for your other coaches to emulate, which contributes to the continued success of your Positive Coaching initiative.
Please take a few minutes now to nominate a special coach in your life, and please share this link with others in your community!
October 22, 2014 | See You at the Renovated TD Garden
Phase 1 of the TD Garden concourse renovation is complete. Level 4 has been completely revamped and we can't wait for you to check it out! Along with a beautiful new concourse, TD Garden is offering several exciting new concessions options. Check out a few highlights below and be sure to sample the offerings next time you're at a Celtics home game!
- Big Bad Burger – Signature juicy burgers drizzled with Gooey Sauce.
- Boston Common – Local fresh seafood including fried clams, lobster roll and clam chowder.
- Garden Grill – Classic Boston sandwiches like shaved steak roll and grilled chicken.
- The North End Butcher – Kayem meats including an Italian sausage with peppers and onions and jumbo hot dogs.
- Sal’s Pizza – A local favorite serving cheesy pizza slices, arancini balls and meatballs smothered in classic marinara.
- Lucky’s Chicken – Named for the Celtics mascot, the stand features chicken with signature seasonings.
- Taqueria – Must have tacos with a choice of grilled steak, chipotle lime chicken, or charred vegetables served with fresh salsa.
- Draft Picks – A variety of fan favorites and a sampling of the brand new Legends menu.
October 8, 2014 | Welcome to Boston
6th overall draft pick Marcus Smart gets to know his new home city as he looks forward to starting his career with the 17-time World Champion Boston Celtics.
Watch Smart's Rookie video and get to know one of the newest members of the 2014-15 Boston Celtics.
October 7, 2014 | STM Practice Party
Season tickets members saw a first glimpse of their 2014-15 Boston Celtics at an open practice held on Oct. 3 at TD Garden. Just four days into training camp, the team ran through drills scrimmaged in front of a lively crowd, giving members a first-hand look at how Head Coach Brad Stevens runs a typical Celtics practice.
Coach led introductions before handing the reigns over to his assistant coaches to lead the drills. Fans were excited to welcome back the returning players and also see the rookies in action for the first time. Stevens told fans to pick their favorite team, either green or white, and cheer them on as this was the team’s first extended scrimmage this season. The practice ended with rookie Marcus Smart thanking everyone for coming out and showing their support.
October 3, 2014 | TD Garden Renovations
Tonight's Practice Party and upcoming preseason games on October 6 and 22 will be the first chance for most season ticket members to see the new-look TD Garden. Read more about the renovations and start looking forward to a fantastic 2014-15 season in an updated arena.