Enter The Walmart Community Playmakers Contest
As part of their commitment to the well being of communities across America, Walmart is celebrating Community All Stars with their Community Playmakers Program. The program is simply about giving thanks. Giving thanks and recognizing those members in our community who are dedicated to improving the lives of others and being a force for good.
At select Cavaliers games this season, we will honor Walmart Community Playmakers making a difference in Cleveland. We’re looking to you to nominate and tell us about the people around you making a difference. Do you know a service member, police officer, fireman, first responder or anyone that is being a Playmaker in your community? Nominate them below.
All selected honorees will receive a $100 Walmart gift card and two (2) tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers game, where they will be recognized on-court.
Contest ends April 9th, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EST. For full contest details and rules, Click Here!
WALMART COMMUNITY PLAYMAKERS CONTEST
1. Contest Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Walmart Community Playmakers Contest (the “Contest”). Individuals who, during the Contest Period (as defined below), complete the entry form on www.cavs.com/walmart nominating a community member for making a positive impact on their community, will be provided with an opportunity to win for his or her nominee two (2) tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers 2017-18 season home game in the Arena (particular game and seat locations to be determined by Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (the “CAVS”) in its sole discretion), which shall include an on-court opportunity to welcome the Cleveland Cavaliers back to the court following halftime (the “Prize”).
ARV of the Prize: $100
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on October 1st, 2017 at 12:00:00 AM EST and ends on April 9th, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EST. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Contest Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Contest. The CAVS are not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Contest results.
3. To Enter:NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Contest, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must, during the Contest Period, complete the entry form on www.cavs.com/walmart nominating a community member for making a positive impact on their community.
Limit: One entry per nominee during the Contest Period. If an Entrant completes multiple entry forms for the same nominee, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of the CAVS.
By completing and submitting the entry form, an Entrant consents (a) to being contacted by the CAVS and its respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Contest Rules.
4. Eligibility:VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants and their respective nominees must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and reside within the CAVS’ marketing territory as defined by the NBA (currently, the 150 air mile radius of the corporate limits of the City of Cleveland, Ohio, excluding those territories set forth in Section 13 below). Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of the CAVS, its advertising and promotional agencies, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be a minimum of three (3) prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) selected based on their nominee’s level of positive impact on their community. Each Winner will be selected at different times (as determined by the CAVS in its sole discretion in each instance) during the Contest Period
The Winners will be notified by email. If a Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with the CAVS by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails (or its nominee fails) to accept the Prize, the CAVS reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. The CAVS shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Winners and no responsibility is assumed by the CAVS for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winners. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of the CAVS, the Winners and their respective nominees must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by the CAVS in order to be eligible to receive the Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; and (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to the CAVS. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if a Winner or their nominee is deemed by the CAVS to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Contest Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining qualifying Entrants, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms, and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Contest Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents, and/or redemptions may be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, the CAVS reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in the CAVS’ sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. The Winners and their respective nominees shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize, including (if applicable) any and all of his or her travel expenses and accommodations. If applicable, the Winner and/or nominees must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by the CAVS, in their sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winner and/or their nominee.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting the CAVS the right to use the Winners’ (and such Winners shall cause their respective nominees to provide the CAVS with a release granting the CAVS to use such nominees’) names, likenesses, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winners or nominees) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. The CAVS expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. The CAVS make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market, and publicize the Contest, the CAVS and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Contest including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s (and their nominee’s) name and likeness, biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants to the CAVS (and such Entrants shall cause their respective nominees to provide the CAVS with a release granting the CAVS) a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, and share with its affiliates and any partner(s) of this Contest to use, however the CAVS, its affiliates, and any partner(s) of this Contest may deem fit in their sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Contest Conditions: The Contest is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants (and such Entrants shall cause their respective nominees to) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or in these Official Contest Rules. Any violation of these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Contest Rules by a Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS (and such Entrants shall cause their respective nominees to) RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, WAL-MART STORES, INC., THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
10. Limitations of Liability: The CAVS and Walmart shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. The CAVS and Walmart may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Prize on behalf of its nominee if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or the CAVS representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the CAVS and Walmart which, in the sole opinion of the CAVS and Walmart, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the CAVS and Walmart reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or the CAVS in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Contest or Official Contest Rules.
12. Winners List: For a copy of the first name, last initial, and city of residence of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
1 Center Court
Cleveland, OH 44115
Attn.: Justine Mroczka
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Contest officially ends.