Cavaliers to Tip Off the 2013-14 Season at The Q Against the Brooklyn Nets
CLEVELAND, OH - The Cleveland Cavaliers will open the 2013-14 campaign on Wednesday, Oct. 30 against the Brooklyn Nets at Quicken Loans Arena, marking the fifth consecutive year the Cavs will kick off the season at The Q. The Cavaliers will make nine national television appearances including three games on ESPN, one game on TNT and five games on NBA TV. Cleveland will play 17 weekend home dates comprised of four Friday games, seven Saturday games and six Sunday games.
Highlights of the home schedule include two visits each from the Miami Heat, New York Knicks and the Nets. The two-time defending NBA Champion Heat will visit the Cavaliers on Wednesday, November 27 and Tuesday, March 18. The Knicks will come to town on Tuesday, Dec. 10 and Saturday, March 8. On Monday, January 20th, the Dallas Mavericks will visit The Q for a special MLK Day 1:00 p.m. matinee game. The revamped Nets will make their second appearance on Wednesday, April 16 in the regular season finale.
The defending Western Conference Champions San Antonio Spurs will make their lone appearance at Quickens Loans Arena on Tuesday, March 4. Other marquee opponents coming to Cleveland only once this season include the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday, December 7; the Golden State Warriors on Sunday, December 29; the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday, March 20 and the Houston Rockets on Saturday, March 22.
The Cavaliers will face each Eastern Conference opponent four times (twice at The Q and twice on the road) with the exception of Atlanta (one home, two road), Boston (one home, two road), Miami (two home, one road) and Toronto (two home, one road). Each Western Conference opponent will play the Cavaliers twice, once at The Q and once on the road.
All games can be heard across the Cavaliers Radio Network via the Cavaliers’ flagship station WTAM 1100 AM. Details regarding the Cavs local television schedule on FOX Sports Ohio will be announced at a later date.
Other ‘stats’ on Cleveland’s 2013-14 schedule include:
- Seventeen home weekend games with four Friday games, seven Saturday games and six Sunday games.
- A season long five-game home stand from Jan. 20-28, highlighted by visits from the Dallas Mavericks on Jan 20th, the Chicago Bulls on Jan. 22nd and the New Orleans Pelicans on Jan. 28th.
- A season-long five-game road trip from Jan. 10-17 highlighted by trips to Los Angeles (Lakers) on Jan. 14th and Denver on Jan. 17th.
- Twenty sets of back-to-back games, including seven home-road sets, nine road-home sets and four road-road set.
- Back-to-back Friday/Saturday games on each of the first eight weekends of the season with 11 of those 16 games on the road.
- Eight times the Cavs have two consecutive road games, twice they have three road games in a row and they have one 5-game road span. They have nine two-game home stands, one three-game home stand and one five-game home stand.
- Two occasions in which the Cavs will play four games in five nights, two instances in which the Cavs will play five games in seven nights and one stretch in which they will play eight games in 12 days (Feb. 18-Mar. 1).
- Twice, the Cavs play consecutive games against the same team including a road-home back-to-back against Philadelphia Nov. 8-9 and consecutive games against Washington on Nov. 16th and 20th.
- Four of the last five games of the regular season will take place at The Q.
IMPORTANT TICKET ON SALE INFORMATION:
Wine & Gold United Memberships and group packages are available now! Become a Wine & Gold United Member today! Fans can lock in the best all-encompassing experience with unprecedented members-only access, a voice in the organization, year-round member engagement and enhanced membership privileges by enrolling in the Cavs Wine & Gold United. Please visit united.cavs.com or call 1-800-820-CAVS for more information.
Unique Fan Experience packages for group outings (10 or more tickets together) are also available for each Cavs home game. Discounts are available for select games. For more information on special group seating, or to place an initial $200 group payment, call 216-420-2153.
Single game tickets go on sale SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5th at 10:00 a.m. for all regular season games between October 30th and January 28th. Tickets for games February through April will go on sale SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7TH at 10:00 a.m. The Cavaliers promotional schedule, featuring special theme nights and giveaways, will be announced closer to the start of the season.
Fans can stay connected with the Cavs for all of the most up to date information regarding ticket on-sale information and everything Cavs by visiting Cavs.com, following the team’s official Twitter feed at @cavs and on Facebook at facebook.com/Cavs.