Cavs Select Community Hero
to be Honored at EveryFAN Night!
Greg Kenepp of Green to be Recognized
for Showcasing an “All For One. One For All.” Spirit
After years of selfless dedication to the community, one deserving Cavs fan will have his moment in the spotlight and an experience of a lifetime.
Cavs fans were invited to nominate someone deserving of a special tribute that would take place during EveryFAN Night presented by Budweiser on Wednesday, March 20th at 7:00 p.m. at the Cavs vs. Miami Heat game. After receiving more than 300 submissions from fans all over the region, the Cavs have selected Gregory Kenepp of Green, Ohio as the 2013 EveryFAN honoree.
When he arrived at work on Friday morning, Kenepp, who serves as patrolman and training officer for the Cuyahoga Falls Police Department, received a surprise visit from the Cavalier Girls, Scream Team, in-arena host Ahmaad Crump and Cuyahoga Falls Mayor Don Robart. Unaware that he was even nominated, and surrounded by his family, friends and coworkers, an emotional Kenepp was at a loss for words at the special announcement.
He was nominated by his son, Greg Kenepp, Jr., who in his essay submission expressed his admiration of his father’s outstanding efforts in the Cuyahoga Falls community, including:
• Protecting the community as an officer with the Cuyahoga Falls Police Department for more than 20 years
• Working with local students as head of the D.A.R.E. program
• Spreading holiday cheer by playing the role of Santa Claus at local children’s hospitals
• Actively leading the Akron Children’s Hospital “Doggie Brigade,” a volunteer program which brings trained therapy dogs into hospitals to visit with patients
• Coached youth community baseball for nearly 10 years
“My father has been a committed fan since the day he was born and bleeds Cleveland,” Kenepp’s son shared in his nomination. “If there were more people like him in the world, the world would be a better place.”
On Wednesday, March 20th, Kenepp will have a night he’ll never forget, tipping off with his own seat on the Cavs bench while the team warms up on the court! During halftime, he will stand center court and be duly recognized amongst thousands of cheering fans for the significant role he plays in making his community a great place to live. Following the fourth quarter, Kenepp will have exclusive access to the Cavs post-game press conference as Coach Scott addresses the media.
In addition to the unforgettable in-game experience, Kenepp will also receive:
• Two premium seats to the March 20th game vs. the Miami Heat
• Round-trip limousine service provided by Shima Limousine
• Pre-game dinner for two at the Hard Rock Café
• Personalized Cavaliers jersey
• Foosball table courtesy of Budweiser
• Fire pit courtesy of Budweiser
In the true spirit of EveryFAN Night, all applicants who submitted an entry will receive a special prize from the Cavs in recognition of their contribution to the community.
To be a part of the EveryFAN Night celebration, fans can get their tickets to the Cavs vs. Miami Heat game on March 20th by calling 800-820-CAVS (2287), on cavs.com, all northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart locations and the Quicken Loans Arena Box Office. Tickets purchased by phone or at cavs.com will be delivered through Flash Seats, the primary method of ticketing for the Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena.