2011-12 "Battle Bracket" Scream Team Sweepstakes Official Rules
(1) No purchase necessary.
(2) Sweepstakes open to residents who reside within a 75 mile radius of Quicken Loans Arena and who are 18 years of age or older, except employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of the Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (the “Cleveland Cavaliers”), Quicken Loans Arena, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (all together herein after the “NBA Entities”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents.
(3) To enter, visit www.cavs.com daily between August 16, 2011 and August 19, 2011, view the Battle Bracket matchups, and vote on which finalist you would like to see advance. You may also mail in a 3 x 5 card containing name, address, city, state, zip, date of birth, daytime contact number, e-mail address, date of your bracket selection, and name of the finalists you would like to see advance to “Scream Team Battle Bracket” Sweepstakes, One Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115. Contest runs from August 16, 2011 through August 19, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST. Entries limited to one per day, per person. Entry must be completely filled out to be considered eligible. Choice of Scream Team finalists do not impact eligibility or chances of winning. Winner will be chosen at random from eligible entries and will be notified on August 19, 2011 via telephone by a Cavaliers representative. In the event the winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize another winner will be chosen at random among remaining eligible entries.
(4) One (1) prize winner will be announced. The winner shall receive the opportunity to meet and greet and take a photo with the Scream Team dance team and four tickets to a Cavs home game (date TBD), and recognition on www.cavs.com. The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
(5) Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the team’s option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(6) Approximate retail value of prizes are: Photo- $12.00. Tickets - $228.00 total.
(7) Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
(8) A list of winners (first name, last name initial and city of residence only) can be obtained by writing Cleveland Cavaliers, attn: Scream Team Battle Bracket Sweepstakes, Marketing Department, One Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115
(9) By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena, NBA Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
(10) In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena, NBA Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents except where prohibited by law.
(11) The Cleveland Cavaliers do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ opinion, this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Cleveland Cavaliers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes (or the online portion thereof, if applicable) and, in such event, to select a winner for the prize by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received, up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension, or solely from the mailed entries. The Cleveland Cavaliers further reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or other failure destroys the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
(12) Contest void where prohibited.