Daily News - October 10, 2017
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls, preseason game 4: Preview and listings
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers (0-3) host the Chicago Bulls (2-2) in a preseason game, LeBron James' first of the year.
When: 8 p.m.
TV: ESPN, FoxSports Ohio
Radio: WTAM 1100 AM; WMMS 100.7 FM, La Mega 87.7 FM. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love, Derrick Rose play key roles in Dwyane Wade starting for Cavaliers
Author: Chris Fedor
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue announced Dwyane Wade as his starting shooting guard on Monday afternoon. And two players -- Kevin Love and Derrick Rose -- made the switch possible.
It starts with Love, who was named the starting center prior to the team's annual scrimmage last Monday, replacing non-shooter Tristan Thompson.
Had Thompson stayed as center, the Cavs would've had three players (Thompson, Wade and Rose) in the group that combined to make 58 3-pointers during the 2016-17 season -- none of which shot better than 31 percent from long range. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Dwyane Wade to start at shooting guard for Cavaliers, J.R. Smith to the bench
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said Dwyane Wade would start at shooting guard this season and J.R. Smith would come off the bench.
The announcement was a departure from what we saw and heard from the Cavs early in camp, when it appeared Lue was planning on keeping Smith in the starting lineup and using Wade to run the second offense.
When Wade signed with the Cavs and joined them for practice Sept. 27, he was operating as the point guard with the second unit and said he was open to the role.
"I think it's still being defined," Wade told cleveland.com of his role. "I'm not really asking. I think T Lue is trying different things out. LeBron (James) is just coming back and we're playing together for the first time, so, I think this year it's going to be what T Lue says. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/10) LeBron James, set to return against Bulls, hopes effects of sprained ankle don't linger Cleveland.com
- (10/10) #CavsBulls Game Preview - October 10, 2017 Cavs.com
- (10/10) Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue chooses Dwyane Wade over J.R. Smith as starting shooting guard Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/10) Cavaliers notebook: Slated to play Tuesday, LeBron James concerned about ankle injury lingering Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/10) Dwayne Wade to start with J.R. Smith coming off bench for Cavaliers News-Herald
- (10/10) Cavs: Lue announces that Wade will start at shooting guard in place of Smith Medina Gazette
- (10/10) Dwyane Wade goes into starting lineup; J.R. Smith to second unit; Derrick Rose's use will be key The Athletic
- (10/10) 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers Player Previews: J.R. Smith Fear The Sword
- (10/10) Cavs’ Lue names Wade starting two guard Amico Hoops
- (10/10) Dwyane Wade to start at shooting guard for Cleveland Cavaliers NBA.com
- (10/10) Dwyane Wade secures Cavs' final starting job for Cleveland's opening night ESPN
- (10/10) Chicago's dream backcourt finally becomes reality -- in Cleveland ESPN
- (10/10) LeBron James hopes to make you feel better about driverless cars New York Post
- (10/10) Dwyane Wade to start over J.R. Smith for Cavaliers Pro Basketball Talk
- (10/10) LeBron James on New All-Star Game Format: 'We Had to Do Something' Bleacher Report