Daily News - May 19, 2017
Nathaniel S. Butler - NBAE/Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers vs. Celtics, Game 2 Eastern Conference finals preview
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- The Cavaliers (9-0) will play the host Boston Celtics (8-6) in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals at 8:30 p.m. Friday (TNT).
Last meeting: The Cavs won 117-104 in Game 1 Wednesday night.
Cavs fast fact: They've won 12 straight in the postseason dating to the Finals, which is tied for the second-longest playoff winning streak in NBA history. The Lakers (1988-89) won a record 13 straight. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Goodyear partnership with Cavaliers paying benefits already -- look at LeBron James' jersey
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- Goodyear's purchasing of ad space on Cavaliers jerseys beginning next season is paying off for the Akron tire company already.
LeBron James is wearing Goodyear gear.
James wore a throwback, Goodyear Wingfoots jersey to Cavs practice Thursday at TD Garden, between Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference finals. It was a No. 2 jersey with Kyrie Irving's name on the back. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James named to All-NBA first team for 11th time, tying a record
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- LeBron James tied an NBA record by being named to the All-NBA first team for the 11th time on Thursday, earning 99 out of a possible 100 votes.
Houston guard James Harden was the only player named unanimously to the first team, in a vote conducted entirely by media members who cover the NBA. The other three first teamers were San Antonio forward Kawhi Leonard, Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook, and New Orleans center Anthony Davis.
James joined Kobe Bryant and Karl Malone as the only players to make the first team 11 times. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (5/19) LeBron James is now 12-0 against Al Horford's teams: Here's how it's happened Cleveland.com
- (5/19) LeBron James, Tyronn Lue shrug off two Isaiah Thomas plays fans called dirty Cleveland.com
- (5/19) The overlooked dominance and unsung balance of Cleveland Cavaliers' Tristan Thompson: Bill Livingston Cleveland.com
- (5/19) Isaiah Thomas: Celtics aren't scared of Cleveland, 'They're not the Monstars' Cleveland.com
- (5/19) Cleveland Cavaliers' revived defense fueled by communication, repetition Cleveland.com
- (5/19) "Doing The Dirty Work" Cavs.com
- (5/19) #CavsCeltics Game 2 Preview - May 19, 2017 Cavs.com
- (5/19) Marla Ridenour: Historic 30-point night from LeBron James and Kevin Love is epitome of what Cavaliers sought in Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/19) Cavaliers notebook: While they saw no dirty play from Celtics, Cavs prepare for physical, chippy Game 2 battle Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/19) Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith admits he’s a flower guy after his touching NICU Mother’s Day surprise Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/19) Cleveland Cavaliers have reeling Celtics in must-win Game 2 News-Herald
- (5/19) Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James is all-NBA first team, but not a unanimous choice News-Herald
- (5/19) Living off the 'Fats' of The Land: Kevin Love hustles Celtics in Game 1 with performance reminiscent of his years in Minnesota Medina Gazette
- (5/19) 2017 Cavs-Warriors battle could be the best yet Crain’s Cleveland
- (5/19) Postseason perfect Cleveland Cavaliers firing on all cylinders while hardly being tested NBA.com
- (5/19) When called upon, Kevin Love shows he still has it ESPN.com
- (5/19) Will Warriors or Cavs run through the playoffs 16-0? ESPN.com
- (5/19) Fifteen Feet Of Trouble ESPN.com
- (5/19) The Irresistible Cavaliers. The Immovable Warriors. NY Times
- (5/19) The Inevitability Of Warriors-Cavaliers III Doesn't Cheapen NBA Season SI.com
- (5/19) Isaiah Thomas: Being counted out 'nothing new' for Celtics ESPN.com