Daily News - May 16, 2014
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
UConn's Shabazz Napier endorses coach Kevin Ollie: NBA Draft Combine 2014
Author: Mary Schmitt Boyer
Publication: Plain Dealer
"CHICAGO -- UConn point guard Shabazz Napier said he had absolutely no idea whether his coach, former Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kevin Ollie, has any intention of jumping to the NBA, as has been rumored.
"I'm not sure, so I'm not going to speak on that," Napier said at the NBA Draft Combine here.
But then Napier gave his coach quite an endorsement -- whether he stays at UConn or takes an NBA opening, such as the one in Cleveland." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
OSU's Aaron Craft hopes to prove he can shoot the ball, too: NBA Draft Combine 2014
Author: Jodie Valade
Publication: Plain Dealer
"CHICAGO, Illinois – Aaron Craft has played meaningful games at Ohio State, he's proven he will play with passion and hustle and a defensive intensity that NBA coaches often proclaim to desire more than anything.
But in four years at Ohio State, Craft never managed to prove that he could shoot dependably. So since the end of the Buckeyes' season in March, Craft has sought to not only improve the form that resulted in .459 career shooting at OSU, but to prove he has the touch that can thrive at the highest level." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
While Cavs search for shooters, plenty are available in NBA Draft
Author: Jason Lloyd
Publication: Akron Beacon Journal
"CHICAGO: If the Cavaliers’ front-office executives arrived at this week’s NBA predraft camp looking for shooters, they came to the right place. From Doug McDermott to Nik Stauskas, Rodney Hood and C.J. Wilcox, the Cavs should have the opportunity at the draft to fill one of the team’s most glaring needs." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
MORE PRESS LINKS:
- (5/16) Kentucky's James Young answers most pressing question: NBA Draft Combine 2014 Plain Dealer
- (5/16) Taking a shot at Creighton's Doug McDermott: NBA Draft Combine 2014 Plain Dealer
- (5/16) Michigan's Nik Stauskas tries to get a jump on his pro career: NBA Draft Combine 2014 Plain Dealer
- (5/16) LaQuinton Ross will work out for Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday: NBA Draft Combine 2014 Plain Dealer
- (5/16) NBA combine notebook: Ohio State’s LaQuinton Ross says he will work out for Cavs on Monday Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/16) Sources: Donald Sterling refuses NBA sanctions, threatens to sue Sports Illustrated
- (5/16) Experts: NBA likely to win in Sterling legal fight Yahoo! Sports