Daily News - July 4, 2014
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers could swing sign-and-trade with L.A. Clippers
Author: Bob Finnan
Publication: The News-Herald/The Morning Journal
"It’s been a foregone conclusion that forward Luol Deng would not return to the Cavaliers.
But if they can turn him leaving into an asset, that would be a success.
There has been some dialogue about a sign-and-trade deal between the Cavs and the Los Angeles Clippers for forward Luol Deng and/or Spencer Hawes, Yahoo! Sports reports.
Deng is interested in joining the Clippers, who might make combo guard Jamal Crawford available to the Cavs." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers put free-agent focus on Utah’s Gordon Hayward
Author: Brian Dulik
"CLEVELAND — Utah Jazz small forward Gordon Hayward, one of the NBA’s emerging talents, has become the next target on the Cavaliers’ offseason checklist.
The restricted free agent met with team officials Wednesday in Northeast Ohio, setting the stage for Cleveland to present him with a maximum-level contract that Utah would have three days to match.
Hayward is known to be coveted by Cavaliers general manager David Griffin, which is why the franchise is considering offering him $63 million over four years, according to longtime NBA writer Ken Berger of CBSSports.com." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
From 13-year-old sensation to top pick, Wiggins seasoned in spotlight
Author: Zac Jackson
Publication: FOX Sports Ohio
"Andrew Wiggins is here.
Like he was pointed -- or maybe made? -- to be.
The Cleveland Cavaliers used the No. 1 pick in last week's NBA Draft on Wiggins, a 19-year old, one-and-done player at Kansas who almost certainly would have been the No. 1 pick in last year's draft had he been eligible. The youngest son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins and former Canadian Olympic sprinter Marita-Payne Wiggins started dunking all over the Toronto area at 12, and by the time he came to North Carolina for high school in 2009, there was a YouTube video of his dunks and uber-athletic plays making its way around the Internet." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (07/04) Cleveland Cavaliers one of at least four teams to meet with LeBron James' agent: Report Plain Dealer
- (07/04) Cavs hold meeting with LeBron James’ agent about potential return Akron Beacon Journal
- (07/04) Cavaliers meet with LeBron James’ agent, according to report Chronicle-Telegram
- (07/04) Source: Cavs 'without question' have met with LeBron's agent FOX Sports Ohio
- (07/04) Source: Cavaliers Among 3 Teams To Make Their Pitch To LeBron James’ Agent 92.3 The Fan
- (07/04) AP Source: Cavaliers Meet With Agent For James Associated Press
- (07/04) At least 4 teams meet LeBron's agent ESPN.com
- (07/04) LeBron James' agent tells teams James might meet with them if Heat don't improve roster soon Yahoo! Sports
- (07/04) LeBron James' agent talks to multiple teams USA Today
- (07/04) Atlanta Hawks prepare for early pitch to Luol Deng USA Today