Daily News - July 3, 2014
Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/GettyImages
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers talking to Gordon Hayward, but any deal will be complicated
Author: By Terry Pluto
Publication: The Plain Dealer
"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Yes, the Cavs are meeting with restricted free agent Gordon Hayward. But it's doubtful any offer sheet will be coming in the next day or so for the 24-year-old small forward.
Nor has the team decided to make the Utah's leading scorer a maximum offer. That would be $63 million over four seasons -- although it may eventually come to that. Then again, the Cavs know that would be very extreme for a player of his caliber.
From what I've been told, the Cavs know they will have to pay a lot for Hayward. Utah has about $30 million in salary cap room and may match any offer Hayward receives." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to make a decision on an offer to Gordon Hayward, sources tell cleveland.com
Author: By Chris Fedor
"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have a meeting scheduled with Utah Jazz restricted free agent Gordon Hayward, league sources confirmed to cleveland.com. However, the Cavs have not yet made a decision on an offer, and the team and Hayward are still in a "get-to-know-you" phase.
Yahoo sports first reported Hayward was meeting with team officials on Wednesday, the second day of free agency.
Hayward, 24, was the ninth pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. He averaged a team-high 16.2 points to go along with 5.1 rebounds, 5.2 assists and a team-high 1.4 steals in 77 games for the Jazz this past season. He has played all four seasons in the NBA with the Jazz." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Mentor, Benedictine basketball teams recall dominant Andrew Wiggins before he was drafted by Cleveland Cavaliers
Author: By Time Bielik
"CLEVELAND, Ohio — Mentor boys basketball coach Bob Krizancic knows that the Cleveland Cavaliers made the right move drafting Andrew Wiggins No. 1 overall in the 2014 NBA Draft.
He knows because he has first-hand experience of what it's like to coach against him.
Mentor played against Wiggins when he played at Huntington Prep (W.V.) in the Dunk 4 Diabetes Shootout on Jan. 26, 2013. Huntington Prep beat Mentor, 61-59, and Wiggins scored 30 points, 23 in the second half." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Press Links
- (07/03) Cavs meet with free agent Gordon Hayward; C.J. Miles agrees to four-year deal with Pacers Akron Beacon Journal
- (07/03) Report: Cleveland Cavaliers met with Gordon Hayward of Jazz The News-Herald
- (07/03) Cavs Report: Hayward meeting with team, 'lucrative' offer coming? FOX Sports Ohio
- (07/03) Reports: Pacers reach agreement with free agent C.J. Miles FOX Sports Ohio
- (07/03) Hayward is next target of Cavaliers Medina-Gazette
- (07/03) AP Source: Free Agent Hayward To Meet With Cavs Associated Press
- (07/03) Cavs prep Gordon Hayward offer ESPN.com
- (07/03) Sources: C.J. Miles lands 4-year deal ESPN.com
- (07/03) Sources: Restricted free agent Gordon Hayward meeting with Cavs, offer sheet forthcoming Yahoo! Sports
- (07/03) Agent: Jamal Crawford seeking contract extension with Clippers or future teams Yahoo! Sports
- (07/03) Utah Jazz’s Gordon Hayward in talks with Cleveland The Salt Lake Tribune
- (07/03) Gordon Hayward visits Cleveland, could get max offer from Cavs Deseret News
- (07/03) No contract offer for Gordon Hayward yet from Cavaliers USA Today
- (07/03) David Blatt riding Tel Aviv’s Euro title to NBA dream job AZ Jewish Post