Daily News - July 23, 2014
David Liam Kyle/NBAE/GettyImages
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers trade with Utah Jazz for three players with non-guaranteed contracts
Author: Chris Fedor
"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Cavaliers made a trade with the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night, league sources confirmed to cleveland.com.
The deal first reported by Yahoo Sports sends the guaranteed contract of last year's second-round pick Carrick Felix along with $1 million and a future second rounder to the Utah Jazz in exchange for three players – Erik Murphy, John Lucas and Malcolm Thomas.
The three players coming to Cleveland all have non-guaranteed contracts equaling around $3.3 million, which could be used in other trades or in a blockbuster deal for Minnesota's Kevin Love to give the Timberwolves salary-cap relief." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James sends cupcakes to neighbors as apology for commotion caused by his return
Author: Cliff Pinckard
"CLEVELAND, Ohio — LeBron James is a caring neighbor.
Earlier this month, Cleveland Cavaliers fans and journalists arrived in droves outside of James' home in Bath Township as they waited for his announcement on where he would play next season.
It caused quite a furor in the neighborhood, and extra police were called in to manage the crowd.
James is aware of this and to make amends, he sent a note of apology accompanied with cupcakes to his neighbors on Tuesday:" - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Dion Waiters one of 13 players named to the 2014 USA Basketball Select Team
Author: Chris Fedor
"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard Dion Waiters will join his teammate Kyrie Irving in Las Vegas at the end of the month. Only this time, the two players will be on opposing teams.
Waiters, 22, was one of 13 players announced for the 2014 USA Men's National Select Team, which will train with the 2014 USA Basketball Men's National Team during July 28-31 in preparation for the FIBA World Cup.
Irving was one of 19 players picked to tryout for Team USA, and is expected to get one of the final spots on the roster that will be traveling to Spain to compete internationally." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (07/23) Cavs trade Carrick Felix to create financial flexibility; Dion Waiters added to U.S. Select team Akron Beacon Journal/em>
- (07/23) Cleveland Cavaliers: Kevin Love pursuit intensifies; Andrew Wiggins may still play part The News-Herald/The Morning Journal
- (07/23) Cavaliers make deal with Jazz that could pave way for future deal for Kevin Love Medina Gazette
- (07/23) Cavs' summer of Love, and LeBron, already one wild ride FOX Sports Ohio
- (07/23) Cavs' Waiters named to USA basketball select team FOX Sports Ohio
- (07/23) Charge's Cherry makes push toward NBA Canton Rep
- (07/23) AP Source: Cavs to Sign Andrew Wiggins to Contract Associated Press
- (07/23) Total Recall: LeBron's mighty mind ESPN.com
- (07/23) LeBron wows fans in Hong Kong ESPN.com
- (07/23) Sources: Cavs acquire three players from Jazz to increase assets to pursue Kevin Love Yahoo! Sports
- (07/23) Canadian basketball players fire back after ESPN commentator's harsh words Toronto Sun
- (07/23) Maccabi Tel Aviv coach David Blatt is heading to Cleveland to lead Cavs The Jewish Week
- (07/23) Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland The Salt Lake Tribune
- (07/23) Donald Sterling files a new lawsuit ESPN.com