Daily News - January 18, 2018
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Who hit 30,000 points faster: LeBron James or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
Author: Rich Exner
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James this week likely will become the seventh NBA player to reach 30,000 points.
And, at 33, James is getting there at a younger age than all-time points leader Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Jabbar got a later start to his NBA career, first playing in college for UCLA.
Here's a comparison of the path to 30,000 points and beyond: - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron's 30,000: What are the highest scoring weeks of James' career?
Author: Rich Exner
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- In LeBron James' 14-plus seasons in the NBA, he never scored more points in a week than his last five regular-season games for the Miami Heat.
He finished the 2014 season with games of 38, 29, 37, 36 and 27 points for a total of 167. Less than three months later, James announced his return to Cleveland.
But what was a bit unusual about that week is that it included five games, more than normal for an NBA season. He averaged 33.4 points in those games. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Derrick Rose not concerned about uncertain role: 'I just want to hoop'
Author: Chris Fedor
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- When Derrick Rose went down with a nagging ankle injury, causing him to leave the team for two weeks to contemplate his basketball future and get back in the right state of mind following yet another injury setback in a career marred by them, he was the Cleveland Cavaliers' starting point guard.
That was more than two months ago. Plenty has changed since.
Isaiah Thomas made his debut, finally returning after seven months of rehab on his right hip. Jose Calderon filled in admirably as starter for 24 games, forcing his way into the rotation. Dwyane Wade became the de facto backup point guard, thriving in a new role running the veteran-laded second unit. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/18) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic, Game 44 preview and listings Cleveland.com
- (1/18) LeBron James and Tyronn Lue agree on Cavaliers' goals, but not necessarily on current state of the team Cleveland.com
- (1/18) LeBron's 30,000: In what months does James score the most points? Cleveland.com
- (1/18) Derrick Rose thinks he'll play for the Cavaliers Thursday against Orlando Magic Cleveland.com
- (1/18) LeBron's 30,000: What are James' highest and lowest scoring games all-time? Cleveland.com
- (1/18) Growing Up ... Cedi Osman Cavs.com
- (1/18) #CavsMagic Game Preview - January 18, 2018 Cavs.com
- (1/18) Film might lie: Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue sees improvement in last two games, but LeBron James takes no encouragement Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/18) Former Cavalier Zydrunas Ilgauskas earns Lifetime Achievement Award News-Herald
- (1/18) LeBron James, Cavs trying to thaw from midseason freeze News-Herald
- (1/18) The jewel of the Kyrie Irving trade isn't as valuable as you might think The Athletic
- (1/18) LeBron James acknowledges this has been another difficult season for Cavaliers The Athletic
- (1/18) Cavs Notes: Tyronn Lue Believes They’ll Be Fine, LeBron On Challenging Season, Derrick Rose Hopes To Play Thursday 92.3 The Fan
- (1/18) Deal or no deal? Cavs likely to make at least one Amico Hoops
- (1/18) Dribbles: Despite fuss, still time for Cavs Amico Hoops
- (1/18) Lue reiterates, Cavaliers ‘are going to be fine’ Amico Hoops
- (1/18) Cavs’ Rose possibly a go; Shumpert practices Amico Hoops
- (1/18) LeBron: This season harder than the rest ESPN.com