Daily News - December 29, 2017
Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Jeff Green has found his role with Cavaliers, aided by league's evolution toward positionless basketball
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Jeff Green doesn't have one specific role with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He has a plethora of them.
"I call Jeff Green the utility man," Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue said in early November, following a loss against Houston in which Green defended point guard James Harden, center Clint Capela, power forward Ryan Anderson and swingman Trevor Ariza.
Signed this offseason for the veteran's minimum after the worst year of his career in Orlando, Green was given a shot at redemption, originally slated to be LeBron James' backup, providing the Cavaliers a younger, more athletic and more reliable option than veteran Richard Jefferson. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Dwyane Wade, Cavaliers look for answers after Tristan Thompson’s return disrupts reserves’ chemistry
Author: Marla Ridenour
Publication: Akron Beacon Journal
SACRAMENTO, Calif.: While the dip in terms of the tangible number is miniscule, Cavaliers guard Dwyane Wade sees “slippage.”
He can sense it, too.
The Cavs’ reserves who operated so efficiently during their franchise record-tying 13-game winning streak, who have showed more cohesion than the starting unit most of the season, are not the same. And one of the reasons was unavoidable. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavs game plan: Savor the fine wine, get some wins
Author: David Glasier
On the day after a lop-sided and disinterested loss to the not-so-regal Sacramento Kings, the Cavaliers treated themselves to a tour of Napa Valley wine country on Dec. 28.
They availed themselves of down time on their current West Coast road swing to visit a few wineries in a prestigious American Viticultural Areas, or AVA.
Some of the Cavs, LeBron James and Kevin Love among them, fancy themselves as wine drinkers of sufficient refinement to know one AVA from the other and distinguish a good red, white or blended wine from bad. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/29) Kevin Love is thriving as the Cavaliers' second option, but is it best for the Cavs? The Athletic
- (12/29) Events Of 2017 Have Cavaliers Looking Forward For First Time With LeBron 92.3 The Fan
- (12/29) Cavs ready for Round II with Mitchell? They’d better be Amico Hoops
- (12/29) Reynolds’ wrap: IT a good fit for Cavaliers Amico Hoops
- (12/29) Wade says Cavaliers have ‘had some slippage’ Amico Hoops
- (12/29) LeBron James is harvesting the benefits of seeds planted years ago ESPN.com
- (12/29) Isaiah Thomas is closing in on his return, and the Cleveland Cavaliers really could use him USA Today
- (12/29) NBA Power Rankings: Golden State Warriors Hold Top Spot Entering 2018 Bleacher Report
- (12/29) Canton Charge: Windy City Bulls blow out Charge 117-87 Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/29) Charge’s first game at the Q is U-G-L-Y Canton Repository
- (12/29) Charge players on the ‘Q’: ‘It’s a whole ‘nother level’ Canton Repository