Daily News - December 27, 2017
Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers at Sacramento Kings, Game 35 preview and listings
Author: Joe Vardon
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Cavaliers (24-10) play at the Sacramento Kings (11-22) on Wednesday.
When: 10 p.m.
TV: Fox Sports Ohio - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James fouled twice on controversial late-game drive against Warriors, NBA's last two minute report shows
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James was fouled three times by Kevin Durant and got away with one himself in the final minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers' Christmas Day showdown against the Golden State Warriors, according to the NBA's two minute report released to the public on Tuesday evening.
With 1:12 left and the Cavs trailing by three points, James attempted to drive against Durant and eventually lost the ball out of bounds, his seventh turnover of the game. However, after review of the play it was determined that Durant made body contact with James to affect his SBQR (speed, balance, quickness, rhythm). On the official report, it was labeled an incorrect non-call.
Another late-game error came with less than 30 seconds remaining -- the controversial drive that led to plenty of chatter following the game. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers Scribbles: Not discouraged by loss to Golden State
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scribbles in my Cleveland Cavaliers notebook looking back at their 99-92 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day:
1. The thing I liked best was the pace of the game. It was played in the 90s. The Warriors wanted to run the Cavs off the court, but could not. Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals was 93-89, Cavs. It was an ugly game. So was this one.
2. There are a lot of asterisks about this game. The Warriors didn't have Steph Curry. The Cavs are still waiting for Isaiah Thomas. It was one game on Christmas Day. But I loved the intensity. These two teams play like old-school rivals. Kevin Durant is emerging as the one NBA player who can compete with LeBron James physically. It's fun. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/27) Rookie Tales ... With Isaiah Thomas Cavs.com
- (12/27) #CavsKings Game Preview - December 27, 2017 Cavs.com
- (12/27) As life-changing surgery anniversary reaches six years, Cavaliers’ Jeff Green finds more hearts to touch Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/27) Cavaliers’ Green with envy… for life and hoops Amico Hoops
- (12/27) NBA: KD fouled LeBron 3 times in final 90 seconds Amico Hoops
- (12/27) Derrick Rose: No need to worry about me The Undefeated
- (12/27) Kevin Durant, LeBron James each avoided late foul calls in Christmas Day game ESPN.com
- (12/27) Isaiah Thomas wants you all to know he's definitely not 'salty about the trade' Yahoo Sports
- (12/27) Kevin Durant Fouled LeBron James Multiple Times in Final Minutes, Per L2M Report Bleacher Report