Daily News - August 28, 2014
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Kevin Love to Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor: Focus on your own team
Author: Chris Fedor
"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It wasn't written in comic sans and it didn't use the phrase "cowardly betrayal."
But Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor fired a few parting shots at his former superstar Kevin Love in an interview on ESPN Radio 1500 AM in the Twin Cities on Tuesday. Taylor called out the three-time All-Star for two things: a lack of defense and injuries.
Love responded early Wednesday morning, telling Taylor to focus on his own team." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
What does the acquisition of Kevin Love by the Cleveland Cavaliers mean for Tristan Thompson?
Author: Mike Mayer
Publication: Fear the Sword
"Last season, Tristan Thompson started all 82 games for the Cleveland Cavaliers at power forward. The season before that, he started all 82 games, and almost all of those were at power forward.
But things are about to change. With Kevin Love now on the team, it is almost a certainty that Thompson will come off of the bench, which is something that he has not done since his rookie season.
Thompson is just 23 years old, so his ceiling as a player is still undetermined. There are signs, however, that his ideal destiny would be as a big who comes off of the bench to provide rebounding, defense, and the threat to run the floor for about 20-25 minutes every night on a contending team." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers' Kevin Love to his former boss: Worry about your own players
Author: Josh Weir
Publication: Canton Rep
"Kevin Love issued a response Wednesday morning to Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor’s criticisms.
Basically, Love told his former boss to worry about his own players.
Appearing on ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” show, Love reacted to Taylor, who commented Tuesday that Love may get exposed on defense with the Cavaliers and that Love may struggle fitting in with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (08/28) Examining Love's contract situation ESPN.com
- (08/28) Ranking NBA teams by tiers ESPN.com
- (08/28) Revisiting my Kyrie prediction: Can Cavs' point guard become NBA's best at the position by 2015? ESPN Insider
- (08/28) Previewing 2014 FIBA World Cup ESPN Insider
- (08/28) Report: Cavs' Dion Waiters fasted, cut carbs to drop 12 pounds CBSSports.com
- (08/28) Wolves owner Glen Taylor comes off clueless in critique of Kevin Love Sports Illustrated
- (08/28) Team USA's top competition at FIBA World Cup Sports Illustrated
- (08/28) Unfair to pick winner in Kevin Love, Andrew Wiggins trade Sporting News
- (08/28) Kevin Love on Glen Taylor's pithy comments: 'He should be focusing on the players that he just received' Yahoo! Sports
- (08/28) James Jones reflects on leaving Heat, Ray Allen, Erik Spoelstra South Florida Sun Sentinel
- (08/28) Coach K discusses Team USA, Kyrie, Plumlee News Observer