Enter for YOUR Chance at Cavaliers Playoff Tickets TODAY!
Kia wants YOU to help the Wine & Gold Defend The Land this postseason with the opportunity to win two (2) tickets to a Cavaliers Home Playoff Game at Quicken Loans Arena.
Entrants must be 18 years old and residents of the U.S. that live within a 75 mile radius of the Quicken Loans Arena. View The Official Rules.
KIA “DEFEND THE LAND” PLAYOFF TICKET SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Kia “Defend the Land” Playoff Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). Individuals who, during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), complete the applicable task listed on the official Cleveland Cavaliers social media platform(s) and/or www.cavs.com/kia will be entered into a pool of Entrants (as defined below) and provided with an opportunity to win two (2) tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers 2017 playoff home game in the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (the “Arena”) (particular game and seat locations to be determined by Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (the “CAVS”) in its sole discretion) (the “Prize”).
ARV of the Prize: $500
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on April 15, 2017 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“EST”) and ends upon the completion of the final 2017 Cleveland Cavaliers playoff home game in the Arena. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. The CAVS are not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must, during the Sweepstakes Period, complete the applicable task listed on the official Cleveland Cavaliers social media platform (s) and/or www.cavs.com/kia.
Limit: One (1) entry per person for each task . If an Entrant completes the same task multiple times, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of the CAVS.
By completing the applicable task, an Entrant consents (a) to being contacted by the CAVS and its respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
4. Eligibility: Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and reside within a 150 air mile radius of city limits of Cleveland, Ohio, excluding those territories identified in Section 14 below. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of COC, its advertising and promotional agencies, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be up to sixteen (16) Prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) (particular number of Winners dependent on particular number of Cleveland Cavaliers 2017 playoff home games in the Arena played) randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about 24 hours prior to each Cleveland Cavaliers 2017 playoff home game in the Arena.
The Winners will be notified by email on or about 24 hours prior to each Cleveland Cavaliers 2017 playoff home game in the Arena. If a Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with the CAVS by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, the CAVS reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. The CAVS shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Winners and no responsibility is assumed by the CAVS for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winners. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of the CAVS, the Winners must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by the CAVS in order to be eligible to receive the Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; and (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to the CAVS. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if a Winner is deemed by the CAVS to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining qualifying Entrants, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms, and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents, and/or redemptions may be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, the CAVS reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in the CAVS’ sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. The Winners shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize, including (if applicable) any and all of his or her travel expenses and accommodations. If applicable, the Winner must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by the CAVS, in its sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winner.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting the CAVS the right to use the Winners’ name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winners) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. The CAVS expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. The CAVS make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market, and publicize the Sweepstakes, the CAVS and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants the CAVS a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, and share with its affiliates and any partner(s) of this Sweepstakes to use, however the CAVS, its affiliates, and any partner(s) of this Sweepstakes may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
10. Release: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, KIA MOTORS AMERICA, INC., CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. Limitations of Liability: The CAVS shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. The CAVS may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or the CAVS representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the CAVS which, in the sole opinion of the CAVS, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the CAVS reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
12. Claims/Choice of Law: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that these Official Sweepstakes Rules (or any part thereof) are invalid, illegal, or otherwise voidable (or void) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in the State of Ohio under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures; (b) any and all claims, judgments, liabilities, and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or otherwise accessing this Sweepstakes, and in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive, or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of this Sweepstakes or any content or other material used or displayed on this Sweepstakes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and CAVS in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
13. Winners List: For a copy of the first name, last initial, and city of residence of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
1 Center Ct.
Cleveland, OH 44115
Attn.: Emily Multari
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.
HOW TO WIN
Download Cavs Mobile App
Keep An Eye Out
We'll add NEW tasks before each playoff home game, so be on the lookout.
TASK 7: MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGE
Tweet or reply to @Cavs post on Facebook or Instagram with your best motivational message + #KiaSweeps for a chance to win two tickets to Game 4!
Congratulations to Stephanie Etter!
TASK 6: #DEFENDTHELAND CAPTION CONTEST
Caption the @cavs post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram by 5 PM on 6/6 using #KiaSweeps for a chance to win two tickets to NBA Finals Game 3!
Congratulations to Denise Robinson!
TASK 5: Show us a sign
Submit your best created sign on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by 8PM using #KiaSweeps for a chance to win two tickets to Game 4!
Congratulations to Ryan Finley!
TASK 4: IG SPOT AND SNAP
Follow @Cavs on Instagram today and keep up with our Instagram story to find out how to win!
Congratulations to Jessica Conley!
TASK 3: DEFEND THE LAND QUIZ
Complete this quiz and share your score using #KiaSweeps by 12PM Sunday for your chance to win two tickets to Game 1!
Congratulations to Doug Pitorak!
TASK 2: SUNDAY FUNDAY CAPTION
Caption this tweet by 5PM using #DefendTheLand + #KiaSweeps for a chance to win two tickets to Game 2!
Congratulations to Margie Lane!
TASK 1: TWEET AT US
Tweet us your best motivational message using #DefendTheLand + #KiaSweeps by 8PM for a chance to win two tickets to Game 1!
Congratulations to Drew Hosler!