Giant Eagle “Like & Win” Sweepstakes Official Rules
(1) No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
(4) Winners will be chosen at random among all eligible entries on February 26, 2014, and will be notified by email and/or phone by a Cavaliers representative. In the event the winner(s) cannot be contacted after 48 hours of attempted contact or declines the prize, another winner(s) will be selected at random among remaining eligible entries. Neither Cleveland Cavaliers nor Giant Eagle assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods of agents (including but not limited to, Sweepstakes entry services) are prohibited and will void all such entrant’s entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. If, in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ and/or Giant Eagle opinion, this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, either the Cleveland Cavaliers and/or Giant Eagle reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes (or the online portion thereof, if applicable) and, in such event, to select a winner for the prize by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received, up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension, or solely from the mailed entries. The Cleveland Cavaliers and/or Giant Eagle further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or other failure destroys the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
(5) Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a $250 Giant Eagle gift card, four (4) Floor Seats to a TBD Cavaliers home game and a Kyrie Irving autographed jersey. One (1) second prize winner will receive a $100 Giant Eagle gift card, four (4) Floor Seats to a TBD Cavaliers home game and a Team Autographed Basketball. One (1) third prize winner will receive a $50 Giant Eagle gift card, four (4) Floor Seats to a Cavaliers home game and a Jarrett Jack autographed hat. The winning prizes are non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Purchases of alcohol, tobacco, milk, and prescription drugs are excluded when Giant Eagle gift cards are provided as prizes.
(6) Winner(s) is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game, meals, gratuities, and all other expenses related to travel and attending the game that are not specifically mentioned in the rules unless otherwise indicated, and may receive a form 1099 from Sponsor. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the Cleveland Cavaliers’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason.
(7) Approximate retail value: grand prize is $1,500.00; second prize is $1,100; third prize is $1,000.
(8) Chances of winning are based on number of entries received. For example, if 1,000 entries are received, then each entry has a 1 in 1,000 chance of winning.
(9) A list of winners (first name, last name initial and city of residence only) can be obtained by writing Giant Eagle “Like” Sweepstakes, Attn: Cavaliers Digital, One Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115.
(10) By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
(11) In the event the Released Parties are prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any occurrence beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Released Parties’ control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), the Released Parties shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
(12) In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted except where prohibited by law.
(13) As a condition and prior to be awarded a prize, potential winners and his/her companions/guests, if applicable, must execute an affidavit certifying the winner’s age, eligibility and re-affirming the release of the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Sweepstakes and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
(14) Sweepstakes void where prohibited.
(15) Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) prize per 90 day period regardless of sweepstakes, contest, giveaway or promotion type sponsored or administered by either the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena or any of their affiliated entities. 90 day period starts when prize is awarded.
(16) Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Ohio. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.