Cleveland Cavaliers Search for “EveryFAN” Contest
(1) No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
(2) Contest open to residents who reside within a 75 mile radius of Quicken Loans Arena and who are 21 years of age or older, except employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (the Cleveland Cavaliers), Quicken Loans Arena, and the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (all together herein after the “NBA Entities”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”).
(3) To enter, submit an entry online at www.cavs.com/everyfan detailing in 500 words or less why you deserve to be selected as the “EveryFan.” Contest begins Wednesday, February 20th 2013. Entries must be received by Thursday, March 14th 2013. Entry must be completely filled out to be considered eligible. 1 entry per person. Winner will be chosen by a selection committee based on 5 qualities they are looking for in an “EveryFAN,” including but not limited to: Hard-working, dependable individual, dedicated and high moral values, "symbolizing an average fan," a proud Clevelander, and an everyday hero: takes care of their family and has pride in their community. Winner will be notified by Monday, March 18th 2013. In the event the winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize another winner will be selected. The Cleveland Cavaliers do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ opinion, this Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Cleveland Cavaliers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Contest (or the online portion thereof, if applicable) and, in such event, to select a winner for the prize by reviewing all other valid entries received, up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension, or solely from the mailed entries. The Cleveland Cavaliers further reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or other failure destroys the integrity of the Contest.
(4) Grand Prize includes two premium seats to the Wednesday, March 20th 2013 Cleveland Cavaliers Game vs. the Miami Heat, two benchwarmer passes, access for two to attend the post-game press conference, one (1) personalized swingman Cleveland Cavaliers jersey, dinner for two at the Hard Rock Café, round trip limo transportation to/from game, a foosball table and fire pit, The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
(5) Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the Cleveland Cavaliers’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(6) Approximate retail value of prize(s) are: $1,970.00
(7) Chances of winning are dependant on number of entries received.
(8) A list of winners (first name, last name initial and city of residence only) can be obtained by writing: Search for EveryFAN Contest, Cleveland Cavaliers, 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115.
(9) By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
(10) In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Released Parties except where prohibited by law.
(11) As a condition and prior to be awarded a prize, potential winners and his/her companions/guests, if applicable, must execute an affidavit certifying the winner’s age, eligibility and re-affirming the release of the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Contest; (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
(12) Contest void where prohibited.