Chicago Bulls go green for St. Patrick's Day
March 14, 2011 – The Chicago Bulls are inviting their fans to join them in celebrating St. Patrick’s Day early on Tuesday, March 15 when the team hosts the Washington Wizards at 7 p.m. at the United Center. That evening, the team will wear green adidas uniforms in honor of the holiday. In keeping with the tradition, the Bulls logo on the shorts and the back of the jersey will remain in the traditional red and black. A commemorative St. Patrick's Day patch will highlight the bottom of the jersey.
Fans can shop for Bulls St. Patrick's Day gear at the official online store of the Chicago Bulls by visiting Bulls.com/StPats. In addition, Bull Market, the team’s in arena store, will be selling Derrick Rose green adidas St. Patrick's Day jerseys at the game.
Fans will also be treated to St. Patrick’s Day themed festivities throughout the game including:
- • Irish-themed music in concourses during pregame activities
- • Special performance of “God Bless America” by the Emerald Society Cops 'n Kilts
- • National anthem sung by a former St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
- • Halftime performance by the Trinity Irish Dancers
- • Bulls entertainers clad in Irish gear… and a few more St. Patrick’s Day surprises
Also, while supplies last, fans age 21 years and older entering the arena on Tuesday will receive Budweiser St. Patrick’s Day t-shirts as a thank you gift from the night’s corporate sponsor. Admission gates open at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets for Bulls home games can be purchased at Ticketmaster outlets, by calling 1.800.4NBA.TIX, or online at Bulls.com/tickets.