Rose named Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month
This marks the third time this season Rose has received the CDW/IBM Player of the Month Award. He was also the recipient of the award for the months of November and January.
April 2, 2011 -- Derrick Rose has been named the Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month for March. This marks the third time this season Rose has received the CDW/IBM Player of the Month Award. He was also the recipient of the award for the months of November and January.
In 16 March games, Rose started every game (the Bulls went 13-3) and averaged 25.6 ppg (team-high), 7.1 apg (team-high), 3.7 rpg in 36.1 mpg. He shot .416 percent from the field, .296 percent from downtown and .891 percent from the free throw line. Rose led the team in scoring 14 times, as he posted 14 games with 20-plus points, five games with 30-plus points and one game with 40-plus points. He also led the team in assists 13 times, tallying four games with 10 or more assists. On the month, Rose shot a perfect 1.000 percent from the free throw line six times and posted four double-doubles.
On the year, Rose currently ranks first on the Bulls in scoring (25.0 ppg – 7th in the NBA) and assists (7.9 apg – 10th in the NBA), and he also is averaging 4.2 rpg, 1.08 spg and 37.4 mpg. He is shooting .439 from the field, a career-high .335 from downtown and .852 from the line. Rose was also named the NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month for March.
Here is a recap of Derrick Rose’s March highlights:
- -- On March 6, in Chicago’s 87-86 win over Miami, Rose posted 27 points (12-23 FG) and five assists in 38:21 minutes of action.
- -- Against Atlanta on March 11, Rose tallied 34 points, six assists and five rebounds in Chicago’s 94-76 victory.
- -- On March 18, in Chicago’s 115-108 loss to Indiana, Rose tied a career-high in points (42), and set a career-high in free throws made and attempted (18-21 FT).
- -- In Chicago’s 114-81 win at Atlanta on March 22, Rose notched 30 points (11-20 FG, 6-8 3FG – set a career-high in 3FGM) and 10 assists in 28:50 of action.
- -- On March 26, in Chicago’s 95-87 win over Milwaukee, Rose tallied 30 points and a career-high 17 assists in 40:09 minutes.
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Ranked No. 41 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company's technology specialists offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers can assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions.
CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 6,150 coworkers. In the twelve months trailing June 30, 2010, the company generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, visit CDW.com.