Rose named Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month
January 31, 2011 -- Derrick Rose has been named the Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month for January. This marks the second time this season Rose has received the CDW/IBM Player of the Month Award. He was also the recipient of the award for the month of November.
In 15 January games (not including Jan. 29), Rose started every game (the Bulls went 11-4) and averaged 25.9 ppg (team-high), 7.4 apg (team-high), 4.3 rpg in 37.8 mpg. He shot .442 percent from the field, .349 percent from downtown and .887 percent from the free throw line. Rose led the team in scoring nine times, as he posted 13 games with 20-plus points and three games with 30-plus points. He also led the team in assists 12 times, tallying four games with 10 or more assists. On the month, Rose shot a perfect 1.000 percent from the free throw line eight times, hitting a perfect 10-10 from the charity stripe on two occasions. He also posted his first career triple-double and five double-doubles.
On the year, Rose currently ranks first on the Bulls in scoring (24.5 ppg – 7th in the NBA) and assists (8.2 rpg – 10th in the NBA), and he also is averaging 4.6 rpg, 1.04 spg and 38.0 mpg. He is shooting .442 from the field, a career-high .337 from downtown and .824 from the line. Rose was also named the NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week (for games played Jan. 10-16).
Here is a recap of Derrick Rose’s January highlights (not including Jan. 29):
- - On Jan. 1, in Chicago’s 100-91 win over Cleveland, Rose posted a double-double with 28 points and 11 assists in 37:08 minutes of action.
- - Against Boston on Jan. 8, Rose made and attempted a career-high in free throws (15-19 FT) and posted 36 points and five rebounds in Chicago’s 90-79 victory.
- - On Jan. 15, in Chicago’s 99-96 win over Miami, Rose tallied a game-high 34 points (12-27 FG), eight assists, four rebounds and three blocks.
- - At Memphis on Jan. 17, a 96-84 Bulls win, Rose notched his first career triple-double with 22 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in 39:45 minutes of play.
- - On Jan. 28, in Chicago’s 99-90 win over Orlando, Rose tallied 22 points and a team-high 12 assists in 37:41 minutes of action.
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Ranked No. 41 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company's technology specialists offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers can assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions. CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 6,150 coworkers. In the twelve months trailing June 30, 2010, the company generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, visit CDW.com.