Rose named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week
Rose scored 24 points to go along with eight assists, and four rebounds in a 103-96 win over the Wizards.
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2010 – The Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose and the Utah Jazz’s Deron Williams today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 8, through Sunday, Nov. 14.
Rose led the Bulls to a 3-0 week, averaging 21.3 points on .431 shooting from the field. He also compiled 27 assists for the week, 13 of which came in a win over Golden State when Rose recorded a double-double, his third of the season.
Williams led the Jazz to a perfect 4-0 road trip, averaging 23 points, on .456 shooting from the field and .333 from distance, to go along with 11.8 assists and 4.0 rebounds. The Jazz was able to overcome double-digit second half deficits in all four games. On back-to-back nights at Miami and Orlando, Williams put up 11 points and 17 points in each fourth quarter to help lead the Jazz to comeback wins.
Here is a recap of the week for Rose and Williams:
Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- Nov. 8 vs. Denver: Recorded 18 points, six assists, and two rebounds in a 94-92 win over the Nuggets.
- Nov. 11 vs. Golden State: Tallied 22 points, 13 assists and three rebounds in a 120-90 win over the Warriors.
- Nov. 13 vs. Washington: Scored 24 points to go along with eight assists, and four rebounds in a 103-96 win over the Wizards.
Deron Williams, Utah Jazz
- Nov. 9 @ Miami: Tallied 21 points and 14 assists in a 116-114 two overtime win over the Heat.
- Nov. 10 @ Orlando: Posted 30 points and 14 assists in a 104-94 win over the Magic.
- Nov. 12 @ Atlanta: Scored 24 points to go along with 10 assists in a 90-86 win versus the Hawks.
- Nov. 13 @ Charlotte: Scored 17 points to go along with nine assists in a 96-95 win over the Bobcats.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Boston’s Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, Charlotte’s Gerald Wallace, Chicago’s Joakim Noah, Indiana’s Mike Dunleavy, Miami’s Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, Milwaukee’s Brandon Jennings, Minnesota’s Kevin Love, Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook, Phoenix’s Jason Richardson, San Antonio’s Tony Parker, and Utah’s Paul Millsap.