Mayor Daley backs Bulls with wager of local products
(Antonio Dickey, City of Chicago)
April 29, 2011—Mayor Richard M. Daley today wagered a package of local food products with the Mayor of Atlanta on the Chicago Bulls upcoming NBA Eastern Conference semifinal playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks.
“We’re proud of the way the Bulls are representing both the great tradition of the franchise and all the people of Chicago,” Mayor Daley said in a City Hall news conference at which he was joined by team executives and former Bulls players Bob Love and Sidney Green.
To demonstrate his confidence in the Bulls, Daley made a friendly wager with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed on the outcome of the series, which begins Monday in Chicago.
The wager includes products from these Chicago Companies:
– Abundance Bakery: Three dozen Bulls Red Velvet Cupcakes
– Affy Tapple: 10 Cases of Affy Tapples
– Azteca Foods: Flour and Corn Tortillas and Chips
– C.J. Vitner Snack Co.: Sizzlin’ Hot Crunchy Kurls, Popcorn and Potato Chips
– Connie's Pizza: 20 Cheese and 11 Sausage
– Fontanini Italian Meats: Three Cases of Italian Beef
– Gonnella Baking: A Three-foot Super Sub Sandwich
– Robinson's Ribs: Three BBQ Sauce Gift Sets
– Vienna Beef: 2,011 Chicago Style Hot Dogs
– Sam's Lasagna: Chicken, Veggie and Turkey Lasagnas
“We all know how much Chicagoans care about their sports teams,” Mayor Daley said. “The kind of excitement the Bulls are creating brings people together and is great for the spirit of our city.”
Anything edible Chicago wins in this wager with Atlanta will be donated to the Chicago Food Depository.