"A Chicago Bulls Holiday Scrimmage"
Today, the Chicago Bulls released the 2015 holiday card, “A Chicago Bulls Holiday Scrimmage.” The card features the team playing a scrimmage during practice while 70 members of the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras line the perimeter of the basketball court playing the holiday classic, “Sleigh Ride.”
The card, which juxtaposes the art of basketball with classical music, was produced in-house by the Emmy Award-winning BullsTV department. The card was shot simultaneously with five cameras and took a total of eight minutes to film. This is the seventh year that BullsTV has produced a video holiday card.
CYSO’s relationship with the Bulls began when students performed at the team’s 2014 season home opener. Student musicians featured in the video range in age from 14 to 18 and hail from all around the greater Chicago area, and from as far away as Peoria, Urbana-Champaign, and parts of Indiana. CYSO staff collaborated with the Bulls on the song selection and ultimately chose “Sleigh Ride.” This holiday card is the first time CYSO has partnered with a professional sports team. CYSO will perform the national anthem and a selection of holiday music at halftime of the team’s Holiday Game on December 21 when they host the Toronto Raptors.
Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras (CYSO) provides music education through orchestral training and performance opportunities of the highest caliber. Celebrating their 70th anniversary in 2016, CYSO serves 525 students ages 6-18 through full and string orchestras, chamber music, and steel orchestra programs, in addition to community engagement programming in Chicago Public Schools.
- Allen Tinkham, CYSO Music Director
- Joshua Simond, CYSO Executive Director
- Brian Baxter, CYSO Director of Operations
Full list of production credits:
- Co-Executive Producer, Brad Siegel. Co-Executive Producer/Director of Concept, Josh Kahn.
- Director of Photography, Chris Ramirez
- Associate Producer/Lead Camera, Cody Madsen
- Editor, Katian Sandoval
- Camera Operator, Charlie Frischer
- Camera Operator, Nick Ridgell
- Drone Operator, Chris Morrison
- Production Assistant, Michael Ramirez
- Colorist, Jeff Greco – Optimus