Gibson named Bulls CDW/Blackberry RIM Player of the Month for March
April 3, 2010 -- Taj Gibson has been named the Bulls CDW/Blackberry Rim Player of the Month for March. The 6-9, 225-pound forward is this year’s fourth recipient of the monthly award, joining Joakim Noah (November), Derrick Rose (December and January) and Luol Deng (February).
Gibson played in 15 games during the month of March (all starts), and averaged 10.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg (team high), 1.2 apg and 1.13 bpg in 30.5 mpg. During that span, he shot .512 from the field and .767 from the line. He earned team-high honors in rebounds 10 times (eight games with 10 or more rebounds) and in scoring once. Gibson recorded seven double-doubles and nine games of 10 or more points, highlighted by a career-high 22 point performance versus New Jersey on March. 27. He also improved his free throw percentage from .615 during February to .767 in March.
On the year, Gibson is currently second on the Bulls in field goal percentage (.497) and tied for second in rebounds (7.3 rpg). On the season, he’s also averaging 9.0 ppg, 1.20 bpg and 0.9 apg in 26.3 mpg and shooting .661 from the free throw line.
Here is a recap of Taj Gibson’s March highlights:
- On March 1, in Chicago’s 116-92 loss to Atlanta, Gibson posted his first double-double of the month with 11 points (5-9 FG) and a team-high 13 rebounds in 33:19 minutes of action.
- In Chicago’s 92-85 loss to Cleveland on March 19, Gibson posted a double-double with 20 points (tied his then career high) and 13 rebounds. He also recorded three steals and three assists in 38:17 of play.
- In the Bulls’ 98-88 win over Houston on March 22, Gibson recorded his fourth double-double of the month with 10 points and 12 boards, to go along with his career-high five blocks and four assists in 33:19.
- In Chicago’s 106-83 win over New Jersey on March 27, Gibson tallied a career-high 22 points (7-9 FG, 8-10 FT), 13 rebounds and two blocks in 26:24 minutes.
- On March 30, in Chicago’s 111-105 loss to Phoenix, Gibson posted his seventh double-double of the month with 14 points (4-4 FT), 10 rebounds and two blocks in 33:13 minutes of action.
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government and education. Ranked No. 41 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company's technology specialists offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers can assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions.
CDW was founded in 1984 and as of September 30, 2009 employed approximately 6,250 coworkers. In 2008, the company generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, visit CDW.com.