Chicago Bulls on Comcast SportsNet post significant TV ratings gains at the All-Star break
Chicago, IL (February 17, 2011) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the NBA Central Division first place Chicago Bulls, posted record-setting television ratings for the 2010-11 NBA season at the All-Star break, which have resulted in solid increases in household and all key demo ratings categories. In addition, the top ten highest-rated Bulls regular season telecasts in Comcast SportsNet history have occurred this season. Plus, ratings for Comcast SportsNet’s Bulls Pre/Post Game Live shows have also enjoyed significant increases from year-to-year.
Comcast SportsNet’s ratings for the Chicago Bulls are currently averaging a 4.1 household rating at the All-Star break (approx. 143,607 households watching per game) -- a 64% increase compared to last season’s 2.5 average at the All-Star break. The 4.1 average is also Comcast SportsNet’s highest-ever Bulls average to date at the All-Star break. Note the following additional Bulls ratings highlights on Comcast SportsNet so far this season:
• The Top 10 highest-rated Bulls regular season games in Comcast SportsNet Chicago history (network launched in October of 2004) have already occurred within the first 29 telecasts of this season:
- 1) 5.70 – Bulls vs. PHI (12/21/10)
- 2) 5.51 – Bulls at HOU (11/16/10)
- 3) 5.33 – Bulls at LAC (2/2/11)
- 4) 5.28 – Bulls at NJ (1/5/11)
- 5) 5.23 – Bulls vs. MIL (1/24/11)
- 6) 5.02 – Bulls vs. ORL (1/28/11)
- 7) 4.96 – Bulls at LAL (11/23/10)
- 8) 4.94 – Bulls vs. ORL (12/1/10)
- 9) 4.92 – Bulls vs. TOR (1/4/11)
- 10) 4.80 – Bulls at TOR (12/15/10)
• Already this season, six Bulls telecasts on Comcast SportsNet averaged “at least a 5.0 household rating”…in Comcast SportsNet Chicago’s six-plus year history, the Bulls have never posted a regular season game that averaged a 5.0 rating.
• Currently, 16 out of the 29 Bulls telecasts this season have averaged “at least a 4.0 household rating”…in 42 total regular season telecasts last season, only two games averaged at least a 4.0 rating.
• Currently, 26 out of the 29 Bulls telecasts this season have averaged “at least a 3.0 household rating”…in 42 total regular season telecasts last season, only 12 games averaged at least a 3.0 rating.
• Comcast SportsNet has also experienced massive year-to-year ratings increases in every key advertiser demo category, including Adults 18-49 (2.0 avg., up 67% from last season at the All-Star break) and Adults 25-54 (1.9 avg., up 59% from last season at the All-Star break).
• In addition, Comcast SportsNet’s Bulls Pre-Game Live ratings are currently up 130% compared to last season at the All-Star break, while Kia Bulls Post Game Live ratings have increased 86%.
Comcast SportsNet’s next Bulls telecast takes place on Wednesday, February 23 at Toronto (live coverage begins at 6:00 PM). Viewers can also visit CSNChicago.com 24/7 for the very latest Bulls news, highlights, game previews/ recaps & blogs from Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam, along with exclusive videos and much more.