Bulls to host Noche Latina game on March 12
March 8, 2012 – As part of the NBA’s Noche Latina (Latin Night) initiative, the Chicago Bulls will host its sixth commemorative Noche Latina game on Monday, March 12, when the team takes on the New York Knicks at the United Center. Throughout the evening, the Bulls will work with corporate partners and local community organizations and performers to recognize NBA fans and players across Latin America and in U.S. Hispanic communities. The evening will be presented by the McDonald’s Hispanic Owner-Operators Association (MHOA) with Kia Motors America serving as a participating partner.
As part of the celebration, the team will wear its red road uniforms that will display the team name as “Los Bulls”. “Los Bulls” represents the team name as it is spoken by bicultural, bilingual Latino populations and Spanish-language TV and radio announcers.
The team’s radio partner La Tremenda WRTO (1200 AM) will also be broadcasting Monday’s game.
Noche Latina at the United Center will include a variety of special in-arena music, performances and giveaways, including:
• The National Anthem performed by Vagando, a Chicago-area Latin band
• Local Hispanic dance groups including Los Magnificos and the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council performing during the game
• The Roberto Clemente Community Academy and Thomas Kelly High School bands performing at halftime
• Bulls entertainment teams wearing “Los Bulls” gear
• Univision radio station’s Maxima 93.5 FM/103.1 FM and La Que Buena 105.1 FM broadcasting live from the concourse from 4 – 6 p.m.
• Coupon for a free small McCafe beverage, courtesy of MHOA. Available while supplies last.
The MHOA will also donate 250 Noche Latina game tickets to various community organizations serving the Hispanic community including the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council, Casa Central, Erie Neighborhood House, Mujeres Latinas En Acción, Spanish Language Center, Enlace Chicago, Association House of Chicago and ASPIRA, Inc.
Noche Latina was launched by the NBA during the 2006-07 season. This season, Noche Latina celebrations will take place in Los Angeles (Lakers), Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio, Chicago and New York. The Bulls will wear their “Los Bulls” uniforms again on Monday, March 19, as part of the Orlando Magic’s Noche Latina celebration at the Amway Center.