Dunk for Dunkin': Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO ILLINOIS LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE 50 U.S. OR D.C.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OF THE CHICAGO BULLS, THE NBA AND ITS OTHER MEMBER TEAMS, DUNKIN DONUTS AND THEIR EMPLOYEES’ RESPECTIVE FAMILY MEMBERS, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00 pm central time on February 15, 2016, and ends at 11:59 pm central time on February 28, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Chicago Bulls as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older at time of entry, except for current employees of the Chicago Bulls, the National Basketball Association and its other member teams (the “NBA”), Dunkin Donuts and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), individuals engaged in the development, production, printing or distribution of contest materials, and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
5. DRAWING: The winner will be randomly selected on or around February 28, 2016, from all eligible entries that correctly guess the Bulls player with the most dunks during the Promotion Period. The Chicago Bulls, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters, will determine winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the number of eligible entries guessing the correct Bulls player. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, The inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at the Chicago Bulls’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected in a follow-up drawing.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Two 100-level tickets to a Chicago Bulls’ game, photos on the court, and a $100 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $599.00. Game date to be selected by the winner from a list of available dates provided by the Chicago Bulls in its sole discretion. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as the prize. Winner is responsible for all other costs associated with the prize (e.g., food, beverage, parking and transportation).
The Chicago Bulls reserves the right to substitute prize(s) (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value. No substitutions or transfers of prize(s) are permitted by the winner, except at the Chicago Bulls’ sole discretion. The Chicago Bulls is responsible for awarding all prizes to the winner.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: Prize winners consent to the use of their names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes by Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, Dunkin Donuts, United Center Joint Venture and/or the NBA without further compensation or permission, where permitted by law. All entrants release Dunkin Donuts, Facebook, the NBA, NBA Properties, Inc., Chicago Bulls Limited Partnership, CBLS Corp., United Center Joint Venture, BSV Limited Partnership and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. None of the Released Parties assumes any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this Contest. None of the Released Parties are responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Contest.
8. GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail or e-mail or other communications, or for any error in the printing or interpretation of the Official Rules, the administration of this Contest, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes. In no event will the Chicago Bulls be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 5. No cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except in the sole discretion of the Chicago Bulls. The Chicago Bulls reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest, in its entirety or in part, should tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of this Contest. The Chicago Bulls reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any laws or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or any of the Released Parties. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CHICAGO BULLS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AS DETERMINED IN THE CHICAGO BULLS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant’s residence; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Chicago Bulls in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of Illinois.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after March 15, 2016, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to Chicago Bulls – Dunk for Dunkin Contest Winner’s List, United Center, 1901 West Madison, Chicago 60612. Requests must be received by March 31, 2016.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. As such, please direct any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest to the Chicago Bulls.