Chicago Bulls and Kia Motors educator of the month, rules
KIA MOTORS EDUCATOR OF THE MONTH PROGRAM WITH THE CHICAGO BULLS CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The odds of winning will depend on the sole discretion of a panel of judges selected by the Chicago Bulls (the “Judges”) who will be judging the Kia Educator of the Month Program with the Chicago Bulls Essay Contest (the “Contest”). Judging criteria to determine the selection of the Winner (as defined below) can be found below. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents of Illinois who are enrolled as students in grades K-8, or are the parents, fellow teachers, or administrators of such students, in an accredited Chicago Public School at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, partners, members, agents (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Kia Motors (“Sponsor”), authorized Kia Motors dealers, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, Chicago Bulls Limited Partnership and each of their respective parents, affiliates, dealers, equityholders, subsidiaries, employees, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”) are not eligible to participate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible persons may enter the Contest beginning November 7, 2012 and ending April 1, 2013 by filling out an official entry form (the Chicago Bulls and Kia Motors Educator of the Month Application), available at www.bulls/community. Entry forms must include the name of each eligible participant, and if such participant is under the age of 18, such participant’s parent or legal guardian. Entrants must also include with their entry a typed or hand-printed essay, with a minimum of 250 words on a plain piece of 8-1/2” x 11” paper (one side only, double-spaced) that addresses the following contest theme:
"Why the nominated teacher is worthy of the Teacher of the Month recognition.”
Entrants must submit their entry form and essay on www.bulls.com/community or mail their entry form along with their essay in a hand-addressed, business-size (#10) envelope with first-class postage affixed, to: Kia Motors Educator of the Month Program with the Chicago Bulls Essay Contest, Chicago Bulls, Attn: Hillary Thomas, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. All www.bulls.com/community entries must be received by April 4, 2013 , and all mailed entries must be post-marked by April 1, 2013 and received by April 4, 2013. Limit one (1) entry per person.
All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain a parent/legal guardian’s permission to enter. Entries must be written in English. Illegible or incomplete entries or entries that do not fully comply with the requirements set forth herein will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Chicago Bulls. Essays that contain less than 250 words may also be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Chicago Bulls. Once an Entry is submitted, entrants may not edit or resubmit such Entry. No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with entrants, except as specified in these rules. The Chicago Bulls may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules. Essays must not include profanities and must not depict the Sponsor Parties or any school’s image unfavorably. Essays must not infringe any third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication. Essay must not defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe on any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit certifying that their essay is their own original work, that they hold all rights to the essay, and that the essay has not been previously reproduced or published and has not won a previous prize or award in any other writing contest. Sponsor prohibits the submission of any material or information that (i) infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights; (ii) is defamatory, libelous, expresses hates, or is unlawfully threatening; (iii) is pornographic, obscene, or exploitative of a minor; (iv) depicts, or is likely to cause, harm to any individual or entity; or (v) otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation.
4. JUDGING: The potential winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will be determined by the Judges from among all eligible entries received by the Chicago Bulls. There will be up to six (6) Winners. All eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Content and Appropriateness to Theme - 25%; Originality and Creativity - 25%; Teacher Impact and/or Influence on Students - 50%. The nominated Teachers of the authors of the six highest scoring essays will be deemed the Winners provided a sufficient number of entries are received. All winning entries are subject to verification of eligibility. In the event of a tie, the entrant with the highest score in “Content and Appropriateness to Theme” will be declared the Winner. If a tie remains thereafter, the entrant with the highest combined score in “Content and Appropriateness to Theme” and “Originality and Creativity” will be declared the Winner. Decisions of the Judges regarding the determination of the Winners are final and binding, and the decisions of the Chicago Bulls, including as to eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
5. PRIZES: One (1) prize will be awarded to each of the six (6) Winning Teachers. Each Winner will receive two (2) tickets (in the event that winner is a minor, one ticket for winner and one ticket for winner’s parent/legal guardian) to a Chicago Bulls’ specified Chicago Bulls 2012-2013 regular seson home basketball game, an invitation for the winner and guest to enter the United Center before the gates open on the game night to watch the players shoot around during warm ups, a pre-game on court photograph, pre-game recognition of the Teacher on the main scoreboard and on court, a $1,000 check for use related to the Teacher’s classroom, a special mention of the Teacher on www.bulls.com/community, a Chicago Bulls Kia Motors co-branded item, and an engraved award. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,380.The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at the sole discretion of the Chicago Bulls. Each Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the applicable prize. Each Winner is responsible for all costs associated with the Prize, including transportation, parking and meals. Game Tickets: Seat location of the tickets will be determined at the sole discretion of the Chicago Bulls. No prize elements are redeemable or exchangeable for cash and are subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. If game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, winner will not receive cash or other substitution for tickets, but tickets may be subject to standard rain check policies and procedures established by issuer. The Chicago Bulls reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. The Sponsor Parties will not be responsible for acts of god, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster or circumstances outside their control that may cause the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of the Game.
6. NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor) will be notified by telephone, U.S. Mail, email (if provided) or overnight courier by the Chicago Bulls. In the event that potential Winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) days of date of notification, a disqualification will result and, at the discretion of the Chicago Bulls, an alternate Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries based upon the next highest scoring essay. Potential Winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity release within ten (10) days of the date of receipt. Noncompliance will result in disqualification, at the discretion of the Chicago Bulls, an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries based upon the next highest scoring essay if all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of such documents as non-deliverable or potential Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and, at the discretion of the Chicago Bulls, cause an alternate Winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries based upon the next highest scoring essay.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, all entrants (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor) agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor Parties in connection with such entrant’s participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of a Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of a Prize. By acceptance of Prize, Winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor) grants to the Sponsor Parties the right to publicize such Winner’s name, city and state of residence and/or likeness in any medium now or hereafter devised worldwide and in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL RULES: The Chicago Bulls reserve the right to modify, adapt or reproduce the essay in full, at its discretion. All materials submitted become the sole property of the Chicago Bulls and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, postage due, mutilated, misdirected, stolen, garbled, incomplete, inaccurate or illegible entries and/or lost, late, damaged, delayed, mutilated, misdirected, stolen, garbled, incomplete, inaccurate or illegible entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the promotion or downloading any material for the Promotion, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Chicago Bulls. The Chicago Bulls shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. The Sponsor Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The Chicago Bulls reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, the Chicago Bulls may elect to identify Winners and award the Prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such cancellations based upon the criteria above.
9. Submitted Materials. All materials submitted by any entrant in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, the audio and video recordings and performances contained therein (collectively, “Submitted Materials”) shall be considered non-confidential and Sponsor’s property. By entering the Contest and submitting any Submitted Materials hereunder, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the Submitted Materials are the original work of entrant, created solely by entrant; (ii) no individual or entity other than the entrant has any rights, title or interest in or to the Submitted Materials; (iii) neither the Submitted Materials, nor the review thereof hereunder, nor any performance awarded as a prize hereunder, shall violate any intellectual property, privacy or other proprietary rights of any individual or entity, or violate any other applicable law or regulation; (iv) entrant has the full right and authority to submit the Submitted Materials to Sponsor upon all of the terms and conditions set forth herein; and (v) entrant has fully read and agrees to be bound by all terms of these Official Rules. In addition, entrant hereby irrevocably assigns to Sponsor, without charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest, including without limitation intellectual property rights, in and to such Submitted Materials, irrevocably waives any and all rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, moral rights and any other rights therein, and agrees that Sponsor and other Sponsor Entities shall be free to publish, post, broadcast, transmit, distribute, transfer, modify, display, combine with other materials and create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use such Submitted Materials in any manner or media whatsoever (now known or hereafter derived), on an unrestricted basis, and without granting any rights of approval, or pay any royalties or other compensation, to entrant. Entrant additionally agrees that Sponsor’s consideration of any entry shall not deprive any of the Sponsor Entities of any rights it may enjoy to similar or identical concepts or ideas developed within, or used by or submitted to, any Sponsor Entity.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after May 1, 2013, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope within thirty (30) days after the Contest ends to: Kia Motors Educator of the Month Program with the Chicago Bulls Essay Contest, Chicago Bulls, Attn: Hillary Thomas, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612.
10. SPONSOR: Kia Motors, 111 Peters Canyon Road Irvine, CA 92606.
KIA MOTORS EDUCATOR OF THE MONTH PROGRAM WITH THE CHICAGO BULLS ESSAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The odds of winning depend on the sole discretion of the panel of qualified judges who will be judging the Contest. Open only to legal residents of Illinois who are enrolled as students in grades K-8 in an accredited Chicago Public School in IL at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All entries must be post-marked by 4/1/13 & received by 4/4/13. Subject to complete Official Rules available on display at www.bulls.com