Bulls Ambassadors: Sidney Green and Bob Love
Sidney joined the Chicago Bulls front office in 2009, first serving as a Player Development Assistant before becoming Goodwill Ambassador for the team. He is very active with the Bulls Community Relations efforts and makes countless appearances throughout the year at local schools, promoting the importance of reading and education, as well as charity functions, basketball clinics and other community events throughout the Chicagoland area. He is also an accomplished speaker and has delivered commencement addresses at several area schools.
Sidney is a 10-year veteran of the NBA, playing for the Chicago Bulls (1983-1986), Detroit Pistons (1986-1987), New York Knicks (1987-1989), Orlando Magic (1989-1990), San Antonio Spurs (1990-1993) and Charlotte Hornets (1993). Sidney serves on the Board of Directors for the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation, supporting officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. He is also on the board for Concerned Christian Men, an organization devoted to violence prevention in Chicago.
The Brooklyn, New York native is a graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). Sidney was the first player at UNLV to have his uniform number retired.
Bob “Butterbean” Love
Bob Love serves as Bulls Goodwill Ambassador, representing the organization at various functions throughout the Chicago community. He makes over 150 appearances a year at schools, charity events, basketball clinics and non-profit agencies.
Bob’s NBA career spanned 11 years -eight of those seasons with the Bulls. On Jan. 14, 1994, Bob became the second Chicago Bull to have his jersey (No. 10) retired. He is a three-time NBA All Star and is ranked third on the Bulls’ all time scoring list with 12,623 points.
Bob serves as an honorary spokesperson for the National Stuttering Federation of America. Additionally, Bob serves on the board of the National Brain Injury Association of Illinois. He also released a documentary about his life titled, “Find Yourself a Dream: The Bob Love Story”, and spoke across the country to audiences about the film, which documents his struggles to overcome adversity and his stuttering disability to make his dreams come true.
Bob is a native of Bastrop, Louisiana and attended Southern University. Additionally, he was awarded honorary doctoral degrees from Carthage College (Humanities) and the University of Rhode Island (Laws).
The Chicago Bulls organization is dedicated to supporting the Chicagoland community and its various organizations. In order to display our support off the court, Bulls ambassadors serve as liaisons between our organization and the community to serve as guest speakers at charitable events throughout the city.
Due to the large number of requests received, the Bulls are only able to fulfill requests from non-profit organizations that directly focus on the following areas, youth education, health and wellness and violence prevention.
The following guidelines should be followed when submitting an appearance request:
• The Bulls are only able to accept requests from charitable, nonprofit organizations that are able to provide proof of 501(c)3 status upon request.
• All requests must be submitted through the online form below with the appropriate fields completed. The Bulls do not accept form letters, faxes, E-mails or requests through the mail.
• Due to the limited number of appearance opportunities available and the tremendous volume of requests received, it is not possible to fulfill each and every request. To assist us in scheduling appearances, we ask you to submit appearance requests no later than four weeks prior to the event.
• The Bulls may not be able to confirm participation until one week prior to the event and thus organizations should not base the planning of their event around the Bulls participation.
• If you are also requesting a donation item for your event, it will need to be submitted separately for proper handling. See the Donation Page to request an item.
* Please note we are no longer accepting faxed or written requests. This online donation request system has been implemented to decrease our carbon footprint and to help protect our environment. We appreciate your support with all new procedures and policies. Thank you.