Milwaukee Bucks 28th Annual Dance Competition
Saturday, December 1, 2012
BMO Harris Bradley Center
Competition starts at 9am
Top winners perform that night at the Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics game, 7:30pm
ALL STAR DANCE DIVISIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
• OPEN Pom Division
• OPEN Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• OPEN Jazz Division
• OPEN Kick Division
• Senior Pom Division
• Senior Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Senior Jazz Division
• Senior Kick Division
• Junior Pom Division
• Junior Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Junior Jazz Division
• Junior Kick Division
• Youth Pom Division
• Youth Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Youth Jazz Division
• Youth Kick Division
• Mini Pom Division
• Mini Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Mini Jazz Division
• Mini Kick Division
• Tiny Pom Division
• Tiny Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Tiny Jazz Division
• Tiny Kick Division
HIGH SCHOOL DANCE DIVISIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
• Division 1 Pom (1,300+)
• Division 2 Pom (950 – 1,299)
• Division 3 Pom (575 – 949)
• Division 4 Pom (375 – 574)
• Division 5 Pom (374 and fewer)
• Funk/Hip-Hop Division (950+)
• Funk/Hip-Hop Division (949 & fewer)
• Jazz Division (950+)
• Jazz Division (949 and fewer)
• Kick Division (950+)
• Kick Division (949 and fewer)
• JV Pom Division
• JV Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• JV Jazz Division
• JV Kick Division
MIDDLE SCHOOL (GRADES 5TH-9TH) DANCE DIVISIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
• Pom Division
• Funk/Hip-Hop Division
• Jazz Division
• Kick Division
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2012
• Make sure your routines are within the maximum performance time allowed (2:30 minutes). A 10 point deduction will be assessed for going over the time limit.
• Coaches must have their music on a CD.
• Uniform jewelry, hair and facial ornaments will be allowed, however, all jewelry must remain secure. Any jewelry or ornamentation that drops to the floor or becomes unfastened in any way will result in a deduction. Long necklaces (that are not secured close to the neck) are not allowed. Belly button, nose or tongue rings and actual hand rings are not allowed. Any non-uniform jewelry are also not allowed (such as bracelets, watches, etc.) Safety pins must not be visible and must be clasped on the inside of the uniform. Any violation of the above will result in a 10 point deduction.
• Squads will be assessed a 20 point deduction for the following: use of mini-tramps, unsupported knee drops/split drops or mounts as part of the routine.
• Tennis shoes or soft-soled shoes MUST be worn by all participants. A squad will NOT be allowed to perform if the shoes do not meet these specifications.
• Competition will follow National Federation Guidelines as established for pom squads. For more information, visit www.nfhs.org.
• Entrance and exit times MUST be limited to 15 seconds or less. (This is in addition to the maximum performance time) A 5 point penalty will be assessed for exceeding the time limit.
• All-Star Divisions will follow USASF Rules. For a listing of guidelines, visit: http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//dance/11-12_USASF_Dance_Rules_Guidelines_FINAL.pdf
GENERAL COMPETITION GUIDELINES
• Due to scheduling limitations, there will be no available practice time on the floor prior to the competition, only spotting time. Each squad will receive one minute to spot the competition floor prior to competing.
• Please make sure your music is recorded at correct recording levels and is on a CD.
AWARDS / BUCKS GAME PERFORMANCE
• The top two 1st Place division winners (based on total points) will perform at halftime of the Bucks-Celtics game that evening. (12/1/12)
• The next five 1st Place division winner (3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th highest point total of 1st place finishers) will perform pre-game of the Bucks-Celtics game (12/1/12) that evening.
• The top 3 squads in each division will receive a team trophy (with 6 or more teams). Top 2 squads with 5 or less.
Judging sheets will be available for pick-up after the awards ceremony.
Contact TRICIA RASBERRY at 414-227-0835 or TRASBERRY@BUCKS.COM