Personal ... Married to wife, Brittany, and the two of them have one son, Jasiah ... enjoys art and designs skateboard decks in his spare time ... received the Community Champion award from Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee in March of 2013 after donating a scoreboard to the gym of the Pieper-Hillside branch ... donated 500 backpacks filled with school supplies to Boys & Girls Club members in conjunction with his contract extension press conference in August of 2013 ... would like to become a coach one day ... enjoys movies and lists "The Sandlot" as one of his favorites ... enjoys music of all kinds ... has two older sisters ... would like to travel to Italy one day ... on Twitter as @LarrySanders.
2012-13 Season Highlights ... Posted career highs in points (9.8 ppg), rebounds (9.5 rpg), assists (1.2 apg), blocks (2.8 bpg) and field goal percentage (.506) during a breakout season ... finished second in the league in blocks per game ... recorded 37 games with 10+ points, 36 games with 10+ rebounds and a team-leading 26 double- doubles (his numbers in those three categories for his first two seasons combined were 12, 4 and 2, respectively) ... finished the season with 201 blocks – just the fourth 200-block season in Bucks history and the first since Elmore Smith in 1975-76 ... had a string of 40 consecutive games with at least one blocked shot from 11/28 – 3/4, the longest streak by a Buck in the last 25 years ... posted his first career triple-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and a franchise-record-tying 10 blocks at MIN on 11/30, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the only players in Bucks history with a 10-block game ... beginning with the 10 blocks at MIN, swatted 22 shots over a three-game stretch from 11/30 – 12/3 which stands as the most blocks in a three-game span in Bucks history ... blocked four or more shots in five consecutive games from 1/2-9, which was the longest such streak since Abdul-Jabbar had a five-game streak in 1973 ... grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds in a Bucks win at BOS on 12/21 ... scored 10+ points in a career-best eight consecutive games from 1/2 – 3/2, while also posting separate streaks of five and six games in double figures (after never posting two consecutive games with 10+ points previously) ... posted his first career 20-point game with 21 points on 3/28 vs. the LAL, and followed it up with a career-high 24 points vs. CHA on 4/1 ... missed 11 games during the season due to injury.
Pro Career ... 2011-12: Averaged 3.6 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.46 blocks in 52 games (no starts) during his second season ... led the Bucks in blocks a team-high 26 times despite averaging just 12.4 minutes per game ... posted 23 multi-block games on the season, third-most in the NBA by a reserve ... recorded three games with 10+ points, two games with 10+ rebounds and one double-double ... handed out a career-high 4 assists at SAC on 1/5 (since tied on 4/3/13 at MIN) ... posted his lone double-double of the season with 13 points and a season-high 12 rebounds vs. ORL on 2/20 ... tallied a season-high 14 points on 4/7 vs. Portland ... recorded a career-high 4 steals and a season-high five blocks vs. PHI on 4/25, becoming the first Bucks player in over 25 years to reach both of those numbers in a single game ... missed one game due to illness (2/10) and two due to an NBA suspension (4/21-23). 2010-11: Appeared in 60 games (12 starts) in his rookie season with averages of 4.3 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 14.5 minutes ... recorded a then-career-high 15 points on 7-10 shooting and 8 rebounds at ORL on 1/5 ... earned his first double-double on 12/1 at DEN, tallying 14 points and a career-high 10 rebounds, along with 8 blocks which was an NBA season-high at the time ... blocked 5 shots against PHI on 3/12 ... recorded 8 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks at DET on 11/26 ... recorded multiple blocks in 20 games ... scored in double figures in nine contests ... led the Bucks in blocks 19 times, steals four times and rebounds twice ... played two games (2/23-24) with the NBA Development League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants and averaged 10.5 points, 10.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocks ... missed one game on 2/2 due to illness and five games (2/8-2/12, 3/30) with back spasms ... had 13 DNP-CDs.
Playoff History ... (4 games, 4 starts) ... 2013: Started all four games for Milwaukee ... averaged 10.8 points, 8.3 rebounds ... recorded double-double vs. MIA on 4/25 with 16 points and 11 rebounds ... followed that performance with another 11 rebounds on 4/28, along with 3 blocks.
College ... Team was 75-27 during his three seasons with two regular season CAA titles and one postseason CAA title ... two-time CAA Defensive Player of the Year ... 2009-10: Averaged 14.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks ... First-Team CAA ... CAA's Defensive Player of the Year ... led team in scoring in 19 of 36 games and in rebounding in 29 of 36 games ... finished in the top five in the CAA in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and field goal percentage ... tallied a career-high 31 points on 11-13 shooting in win over Hofstra ... had 14 double-doubles ... 2008-09: Finished year averaging 11.3 points and 8.6 rebounds ... improved free throw percentage from .456 to .558 ... CAA's Defensive Player of the Year ... had 18 points and 20 rebounds in championship game of CAA Tournament against George Mason ... blocked 7 shots against South Dakota St. ... 2007-08: Named to Colonial Athletic Association All-Rookie and All-Defensive Teams ... selected Mid-Major Freshman All-America by collegeinsider. com ... led CAA and ranked 11th nationally in blocked shots per game (3.0) ... appeared in all 32 games, including 16 starts ... blocked 95 shots, fourth-most in school history, as well as the most ever by a VCU freshman ... averaged 4.9 points and 5.2 rebounds in 16.6 minutes.
Career Transactions ... Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 15th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft on 6/24/10 ... signed with the Bucks on 7/8/10 ... signed contract extension with Milwaukee on 8/20/13.
- Larry Sanders StatementBucks center Larry Sanders issues a statement on his off the court altercation
- Paschketball: Coach Drew on Larry SandersCoach Larry Drew talks about moving forward and getting Larry Sanders back on the court after an off-the-court incident.
- Larry Sanders Milwaukee Film Festival ExperienceLarry Sanders recently took winners Jason and Karina to the premiere of the Milwaukee Film Festival
- Media Day: Larry SandersLarry Sanders talks with Jim Paschke during Bucks Media Day
- Join Larry Sanders at the MoviesLarry Sanders loves movies. This year he wants YOU to join him for the Milwaukee Film Festival
- Larry Gives BackAfter Larry's press conference concluded in front of hundreds of youngsters at the Boys and Girls Club, he discussed the emotions of his contract extension, why he chose the setting and his inspiratio
- Larry Sanders Press Conference at Boys and Girls ClubThe Bucks and Center Larry Sanders formally announced Sanders' contract extension at Pieper-Hillside Boys and Girls Club in front of hundreds of area youngsters.
- Summer League: Larry Sanders Mic'd UpListen to Larry Sanders as he watches the Bucks final Summer League game.
- Larry Sanders on Giving BackLarry Sanders talks about the importance of giving back and the role the Salvation Army played in his childhood.
- Larry Sanders Invited to Team USA CampLarry Sanders talks about being one of 27 players selected to USA Basketball's National Team Mini-Camp
- Sanders Protects the PaintLarry Sanders defends the paint and slaps away Udonis Haslem's layup attempt.
- Locker Room: Larry Sanders - Game 3Larry Sanders talks about Milwaukee's game 3 loss to the Heat