REBOUNDING WITH A PURPOSE – It's no secret that one of Milwaukee's strengths is its offensive rebounding,
and the team's effort on the offensive glass is leading to more second-chance points for the Bucks. Milwaukee
ranks in the top-5 in the NBA for offensive rebounds per game and second-chance points per game.
STICKY FINGERS – The Bucks forced the Celtics into 14 turnovers last night, four by Paul Pierce alone. Milwaukee
has consistently ranked among the best in the NBA this season in opponent turnovers per game, forcing 16.22
in league). After forcing their opponent to cough up the ball, the Bucks don't waste the
possession, averaging 18.39 points per game off turnovers, which is also 6th
in the NBA.
SIMPLY THE BEST – Today, the Bucks rank as the league's best at the free throw line this season – 1st in the NBA – shooting 79.5 percent as a team.
Milwaukee has been above 80 percent from the line in seven of the last 11 games, shooting 220-for-268 (.821) over that span. Individually, five Bucks
players are shooting 80 percent or better:
- Drew Gooden: 110-126, 87.3%, T11th in NBA
- Shaun Livingston: 55-65, 84.2%,
T25th in NBA
- Stephen Jackson: 50-60, 83.3%
- Mike Dunleavy: 51-63, 81.0%
- Tobias Harris: 33-41, 80.5%
ERSANITY! – While Linsanity is taking the Big Apple by storm, Ersan Ilyasova produced a historic night of his own just across the Hudson. Ilyasova erupted for
career highs of 29 points and 25 assists in Milwaukee's win at New Jersey on 2/19, becoming the first Bucks player in over 30 years to tally 25+ points and
rebounds in a single game. Ilyasova becomes just the third member of the 25/25 club in Bucks history, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Swen Nater.
- Brandon Jennings scored 34 points in the Bucks loss at Atlanta Friday night – his 12th career game finishing
with 30+ points scored, and his fifth this season.
- Milwaukee has only won the second game of a back-to-back set three times out of 12 this season, most
recently at Toronto on 2/8 (105-99).
- The Bucks have recorded at least 10 offensive rebounds in each of the last 16 games, the third-longest active
streak in the league behind Detroit (20) and Cleveland (18). Milwaukee has climbed to 4th in the NBA this
season with 12.97 offensive rebounds per game.
- With his steal in Atlanta, Carlos Delfino has stolen the ball at least one time in the last nine games, averaging
2.2 steals per game over that span. He is currently ranked 13th in the NBA for steals per game this season with
1.53 and 2nd in steals per turnover with a ratio of 1.18.
- Ersan Ilyasova has grabbed at least one offensive rebound in a career-best 26 consecutive games.