REBOUNDING WITH A PURPOSE – It's no secret that one of Milwaukee's strengths is its offensive rebounding,
and the team's effort on the offensive glass is leading to more second-chance points for the Bucks. Milwaukee
ranks in the top-5 in the NBA for offensive rebounds per game and second-chance points per game.
STICKY FINGERS – The Bucks forced the Celtics into 14 turnovers last night, four by Paul Pierce alone. Milwaukee
has consistently ranked among the best in the NBA this season in opponent turnovers per game, forcing 16.00
in league). After forcing their opponent to cough up the ball, the Bucks don't waste the
possession, averaging 18.2 points per game off turnovers, which is also 6th
in the NBA.
FREEBIES – The Bucks rank among the league's best at the free throw line this season – 2nd in the NBA – shooting 79.1 percent as a team. Milwaukee has
been above 80 percent from the line in five of the last nine games, shooting 182-for-224 (.813) over that span. Individually, five Bucks players are shooting
80 percent or better:
- Drew Gooden: 101-117, 86.3%, 15th in NBA
- Shaun Livingston: 52-61, 85.2%,
- Stephen Jackson: 50-60, 83.3%
- Mike Dunleavy: 51-63, 81.0%
- Tobias Harris: 33-41, 80.5%
ERSANITY! – While Linsanity is taking the Big Apple by storm, Ersan Ilyasova produced a historic night of his own just across the Hudson. Ilyasova erupted for
career highs of 29 points and 25 assists in Milwaukee's win at New Jersey on 2/19, becoming the first Bucks player in over 30 years to tally 25+ points and
rebounds in a single game. Ilyasova becomes just the third member of the 25/25 club in Bucks history, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Swen Nater.
- After being out-scored in the fourth quarter by their opponents in the previous five games, the Bucks came
back to finish strong against the Celtics, winning the final period, 29-25.
- The Bucks have recorded at least 10 offensive rebounds in each of the last 15 games, the third-longest active
streak in the league behind Detroit (20) and Cleveland (17). Milwaukee has climbed to 4th
in the NBA this
season with 13.06 offensive rebounds per game.
- Carlos Delfino has made at least one three-point shot in 12 consecutive games, his longest streak of the
season, which ties for the longest by any Bucks player this season (Stephen Jackson, 12/26/11-1/16/12). He
is shooting 28-62 (.452) from behind the arc over that span.
- Delfino grabbed two steals against the Celtics, and he has averaged 2.4 steals per game over the last eight
games. He is currently ranked 13th
in the NBA for steals per game this season with 1.55.
- Ersan Ilyasova has grabbed at least one offensive rebound in a career-best 25 consecutive games.
- Ilyasova was the only Bucks player to record a double-double in Boston with 25 points and 10 rebounds – his
eighth of the season. He is averaging 17.0 points 11.1 rebounds over his last 11 games.