Bucks vs Lakers
Attendance: 16,884 | Duration: 2 hours and 14 minutes | Game Book: (PDF)
TV COMPANION RECAP, BOX SCORE & STATS
Video Highlights and Recap
- Lakers vs. BucksLarry Sanders records a career-high 21 points as well as 13 boards as the Bucks defeat the Lakers.
- Arena Link: Larry SandersLarry Sanders joins GameTime to talk about the Bucks win over the Lakers.
- Locker Room: Bucks vs LakersMarquis Daniels and Ersan Ilyasova talk about Milwaukee's win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Postgame: Bucks vs LakersJim Boylan talks about Milwaukee's win over the Los Angeles Lakers
- Sander's Follow-slamLarry Sander's follows up Marquis Daniels' missed layup with a big putback dunk.
- Bango Gets DwightMilwaukee Bucks mascot 'Bango' scares Dwight Howard with the old statue trick.
- Jennings' No-look PassBrandon Jennings hits Marquis Daniels with a nice no-look pass for the dunk.
Sanders helps Bucks beat Lakers 113-103
By JOE TOTORAITIS
Posted Mar 28 2013 11:18PM
MILWAUKEE (AP) Larry Sanders scored 13 of his career-high 21 points in the third quarter and the Milwaukee Bucks rallied to beat the Los Angeles Lakers 113-103 on Thursday night.
Sanders was 8 of 11 from the floor and had 13 rebounds. Ersan Ilyasova and Brandon Jennings each had 20 points, Monta Ellis added 18, and Marquis Daniels had 16 to help the Bucks snap a four-game losing streak.
Kobe Bryant led the Lakers with 30 points, leaving him four points behind Wilt Chamberlain (31,419) for fourth place on the NBA's career list. Dwight Howard had 15 points and 15 rebounds, and Steve Nash scored 16 points.
The Lakers are eighth in the Western Conference, a half-game ahead of Utah for the final playoff spot. Milwaukee is eighth in the Eastern Conference, seven games ahead of Philadelphia for the final spot.
Ellis scored eight points for Milwaukee during a late 12-3 run, making it 102-92 on a running in the lane. The Lakers turned it over on the next possession, and Daniels raced down the court and dunked to make it 104-92 with 4:12 left. The Lakers never got closer than eight the rest of the way.
The Lakers' last gasp came early in the fourth. Antwan Jamison scored twice and Howard dunked in a miss to help the Lakers regain the lead at 83-82. The teams exchanged the lead four times before Jennings' 3-pointer at 8:23 put Milwaukee ahead for good.
The Bucks started turning it around in the third, using a 19-8 run to close the quarter with 82-77 lead.
Daniels stole an inbound pass from Bryant under the Lakers' basket and passed to Sanders, who dunked to give Milwaukee a 70-69 lead with 4:23 left in the third. Sanders dunked his way to nine points during the surge. The rest of his points came on a hook shot and a free throw.
NOTES: Bucks coach Jim Boylan quickly dismissed any drama surfacing with the benching of Jennings in Wednesday night's game against Philadelphia. "We haven't talked about it," Boylan said before the game. "It's time to play." ... Lakers forward Metta World Peace had surgery Thursday on a torn meniscus in his left knee. He was injured in Los Angeles' loss to Golden State on Monday night and is expected to miss at least six weeks. ... The crowd cheered when the public address announcer said that Marquette beat Miami to advance in the NCAA basketball tournament.
Copyright 2013 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited